Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Finally got my remaining crosses out of the box!!

Article about: Hello All, For a long time I have been on the lookout for a nice, small antique display case to house my crosses. And as I prefer cased examples, a shadow box was out of the question. My oth

@ Aleksander P, Nathan362, SteveR, Pryo, Wagriff, rbminis, AZPhil, bronkie, Kevin Grootaers, Nick Hessens, Scout & ruddersrangers44 -

Many thanks to each of you for all of your kind comments.

Might I ask, how come you dont care for DKs? (not that its any of my business, I just happen to like them myself).
    @ Scout:
    TBH, I find the large and very obvious swastika slightly offputting. For a high military award I feel it is too political looking - IMO it looks much more a nazi award than one for bravery. And after reading that old description of it as "a party badge for the near-sighted" that is the first thing I think of when I see one!

I do like the construction of them and the use of the various materials - the gold, silver, red and high gloss black enamel work very well together visually, but design-wise I prefer the '57 version using the EK to replace the swastika. If only they were as finely made as the wartime version - ie. the same black enamel used on the EK rather than the paint.

....Just my thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards - Danny

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

IMO the very early examples are equal in quality to their TR counterpart, not to forget rarer and cheaper!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG8317.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	220.8 KB 
ID:	671637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG8307.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	221.7 KB 
ID:	671639

?

Great display, it looks very nice.

Awesome display, definitely keep it as is.

Tom

?

Brilliant!!!!!!

Bloody brilliant!...
    It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

I'm Spartacus, not really i'm Paul!...

?

Quote by Danny70 View Post
    @ Scout:
    TBH, I find the large and very obvious swastika slightly offputting. For a high military award I feel it is too political looking - IMO it looks much more a nazi award than one for bravery. And after reading that old description of it as "a party badge for the near-sighted" that is the first thing I think of when I see one!

I do like the construction of them and the use of the various materials - the gold, silver, red and high gloss black enamel work very well together visually, but design-wise I prefer the '57 version using the EK to replace the swastika. If only they were as finely made as the wartime version - ie. the same black enamel used on the EK rather than the paint.

....Just my thoughts on the subject.
    Thanks again for the kind words.

Regards - Danny
    You touch upon some very good points and I find myself agreeing with you; very much an 'in-your-face' design.
    I'd forgotten about the nickname'party badge for the nearsighted,' thanks for reminding me. Made my day

Awesome display! Very nice!

@ Adam M, StuG III, rory, Gunny Hartmann, Wharfrat57, harryamb2

Thank you all for the positive comments, they are very much appreciated.
    Regards - Danny

P.S.
    @ Wharfrat57.... are you a Deadhead by any chance?

?

Fantastic display Danny!

Jim

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast