Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Genuine or Fake?

Article about: I believe the Iron Cross is bogus, it would have the 1 stamped on the needle versus having Deschler and Sohn stamped on the side but can anyone help me out with the Hitler Youth Sports leade

Default Genuine or Fake?

Genuine or Fake?Genuine or Fake? I believe the Iron Cross is bogus, it would have the 1 stamped on the needle versus having Deschler and Sohn stamped on the side but can anyone help me out with the Hitler Youth Sports leader pin?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Genuine or Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Genuine or Fake?

The EK1 is not a Deschler.

The Gausieger looks ok but the enamel looks a bit too white. It should be a cream colour. Maybe its the photo

Nick
    Last edited by Woolgar; 12-30-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

the cross looks a bit like a Meybauer? but the pin looks longer. And someone just stamped the name on there as Nick says its not a Deschler

Hi, the cross has been tampered with"if" it's original.I would say leave it and get a true one.

I don't like either. The font on each appears the same to me. Never heard of an EK marked in this manner and the rear set up on the Gauseiger badge is different on the original Brehmer Kreisseiger 1938 type Shown below.
    Attached Images Attached Images Genuine or Fake?  Genuine or Fake? 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes you are correct Ned, that and the white enamel say its fake

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Ned is correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The EK is a well known one piece fake, also found in 1870 and 1914 guise all with the same spurious 'Deschlersohn' stamp.

Regards - Danny

Thanks Ned for the photos and knowledge. And thanks to this forum for the input. I don't normally collect this area of German WW2 items. I have another cross I have questions about as well and will post it.