Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!

Article about: I have had these medals for a long time, and I figured I would just put them on here to get some opinions as to whether you all think they are repros or real. Of course, I bought them all on

Default German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!

I have had these medals for a long time, and I figured I would just put them on here to get some opinions as to whether you all think they are repros or real. Of course, I bought them all on the pretense that they were real---but we all know how that is! I have one group picture, but I have listed the Wound badges in one thread, Spanges and EK1 in one, and the tank/assault badges in another. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!   German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!  

German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!   German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!  

German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!   German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!  

German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Iron Cross 1st Class EK1 + Spange Set OPINIONS PLEASE!

The 1st class spange marked L/15 with the .800 silver mark I would have concerns about. To me it does not even look like it is made of silver?

The other items look OK to me.

Cheers, Ade.

Yes, I had the same concern. I was leary about that one as well--so I did not pay alot for it. The others I had a better feeling about! Thanks for the comment and opinion. Hopefully I will get more!

That EK1 is a textbook example of a Deschler pin-back cross.
    A beauty!
    One of the more sought after makers ...and one I am still on the look out for.

Regards - Danny

Thanks Danny! I have had it for years and I STILL cannot pass by it in the case without stopping to stare at it for a minute or so. It just has that 'feel' of being in the middle of the war! I love it.

i dont like any of the spanges or the iron cross,,pin is incorrect shape for Deschker,,it looks like the type of pin on Russian/Europe fake iron crosses i have seen for the past couple of years,also the tips of the cross's arms are rounded,not pointed if you look at the back,,another tell-tale sign of a reproduction,,sorry,,i wouldnt sell this cross as original,,

appreciate the input. You said the fakes of the last couple years. I have had this EK1 for over 10 years. I have also had the spanges for over 8 years or so. I can see the EK1 spange as being questionable (I doubted it myself). I'm not familiar enough with the EK2 spanges to make an opinion on that.

Quote by militarymania View Post
    i dont like any of the spanges or the iron cross,,pin is incorrect shape for Deschker,,it looks like the type of pin on Russian/Europe fake iron crosses i have seen for the past couple of years,also the tips of the cross's arms are rounded,not pointed if you look at the back,,another tell-tale sign of a reproduction,,sorry,,i wouldnt sell this cross as original,,
    I am interested to find out why you say that the pin is incorrect shape on the Deschler EK1?
    I know that some Deschlers can be found with a different pin (the same as found on their KVK1's - see example in the last link posted below) but I believe the cross shown here has the standard Deschler pin.

IMO I still believe excalibr's cross to be an original. Here are a few threads from different forums all of which show Deschler EK1's with identical features to the one posted here.

Regards - Danny

New Deschler EK1 cased - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

My Deschler EK1 + EK2 crosses - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

EK1 DESCHLer my collection!! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

EK 1 maker 1 - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

Deschler EK1 - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

My EK 1 L/15 spange does not have the silver mark. NH

?

Neil, any chance you can post your Spange please? (Start a new thread.)

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....