Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help with this Knight's Cross

Article about: i am new on this site discovory today by chance is very interesting and great site i am buy in past a large lot medal, badge ,booklet from germany ww2 , in this lot 5 knight cross i am nead

Default Re: Help with this Knight's Cross

andrelus, #5 is a 1957 new form EK II (designed for wear by veterans), maker marked on the suspension ring '4' indicating made by Steinhauer and Luck of Ludenscheid, being marked on the ring signifies an early made piece (very desirable in collecting circles), manufactured in 1958/59, using wartime left over parts (except the core), worth more than a WW2 EK II. NickD was correct, however these 57'er medals were never ' issued ' but were bought at the veterans own expense.This is a quality made piece, notice the frosting on the inner frame, superb ! later versions (they are still available today) were not made so good and were not even magnetic !. #4 is a wartime produced Steinhauer & Luck, and is original.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Quote by oradour View Post
    andrelus, #5 is a 1957 new form EK II (designed for wear by veterans), maker marked on the suspension ring '4' indicating made by Steinhauer and Luck of Ludenscheid, being marked on the ring signifies an early made piece (very desirable in collecting circles), 1958/59, using wartime left over parts (except the core), worth more than a WW2 EK II. NickD was correct, however these 57'er medals were never ' issued ' but were bought at the veterans own expense.This is a quality made piece, notice the frosting on the inner frame, superb ! later versions were not made so good and were not even magnetic !. #4 is a wartime produced Steinhauer & Luck, and is original.

I'd agree. Out of all the medals you've shown so far, #4 is
    probably a good one !

Regards,

Steve.

Id go as far to say, that the 57' is the nicest ...but im biased !.....

yes have 2 real many thanks you have an idea off value

andrelus, value, #4 Ģ70, and #5 Ģ80-90 approx.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12