Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

Article about: Thanks, Steven

Default Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

Thanks, Steven
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.   Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.  

Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.  
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-24-2010 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help needed on Iron Cross

I believe this to be a Floch fake as L/21 didnt make screwbacks.

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

I agree with Nick. A floch, just look at the date..

For my knowledge, whats wrong with the date?

Glenn

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    For my knowledge, whats wrong with the date?

Glenn
    The 3 are very easy to recognize on the Floch's.
    The date are low on the core also.
    Here are a close up of a Floch date.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse. 

?

More Floch dates..
    Attached Images Attached Images Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.  Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.  Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.  Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse. 

?

Yes, a definite Floch reproduction. Try a search for 'Floch', this company is well known for reproducing Third Reich awards. Many collectors are fooled by them, no shame in that but when you know what to look for they stand out immediately. The dates are the biggest clue, very unique and unlike any original.
    Last edited by Adrian; 11-26-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Typo.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Snni View Post
    The 3 are very easy to recognize on the Floch's.
    The date are low on the core also.
    Here are a close up of a Floch date.
    OK, sorry for coming across as a bit thick here but i'm having trouble identifying these 'easy to spot' differences. I've found the same image of the Floch example in the Floch article over at Wehrmacht Awards.com and i've compared it to dates on supposedly genuine EKs and I can't see much jumping out at me shouting "i'm fake!"

If we concentrate on the '3' is it the ball at the end of the number that gives it away? I think on the Floch examples that the ball looks a little 'tacked on' compared to a genuine 3 on which the ball seems to curl back a little more as well as 'flowing' better with the rest of the number.

Ideally a reference with circles and arrows with real and fake side by side is what us new collectors need

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Ideally a reference with circles and arrows with real and fake side by side is what us new collectors need
    Glenn, you're really not coming across as a bit thick. The questions you ask are good ones and will help everyone to learn.
    It's a bit difficult to get a decent reference with crosses, circles et al as you suggest because the variation on numerals is vast, not only between makers but also from the same maker. K&Q have at least twelve different shaped '3's on the obverse date on their crosses!
    Basically it comes down to remembering and recognizing the shape of the '3' on Floch crosses. They are very unique and unlike any '3' found on the obverse of a genuine TR EK.
    The 'balls' (if you excuse the terminology) are also very different from maker to maker (no double entendre intended)!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Help needed on Eisernes Kreuz 1st Klasse.

this iteam came from a long time collecter..i was really suprised..we traded it to a biker.. told him it was fake i hope..uall are right..u also some time back killed a hat we had...we sold.it here for 3000..so differnt opinons...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast