Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad

Article about: Hello all! I have been offered this "mint" iron cross. There is no maker mark to be found on the ring as the ring has aged very badly, it almost looks like a type of silvery rust.

Smile HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad

Hello all!

I have been offered this "mint" iron cross.
    There is no maker mark to be found on the ring as the ring has aged very badly, it almost looks like a type of silvery rust. The inner core is magnetic. The cross is extremely solid and there is no movement whatsoever with the inner core. The price is really good, the dealer is reputable (as dealers go) however I do not have enough experience with EK's to be able to tell without a doubt whether it is good or bad.
    Thanking all of you in advance for whatever information you can give!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad   HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad  

HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad   HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad  

HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad
    P
    Many

Default Re: HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer EKII good or bad

the back of the packet is marked "Gustav Brehmer,Markneukirchen 1 sa"...this set looks good from the pics,but many years ago i had heard there were EK2's with packets being reproduced in Germany,,,i cant say that this is one of those,,,as i said,,,i like the looks of this set

Could you ask the seller to take some close-ups from the cross in natural light, without the flash?
    So the "EK-pros" can identify the maker.

Regards

From those pics the cross looks like a nice Brehmer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Adrian,
    What makes you say it's a Deumer? I agree with the guys above, it looks very much like a Brehmer cross and matching packet.
    The ring hasn't aged badly, it is in absolutely mint condition. The 'silvery rust' is in fact the frosting that was applied to the frames and then polished off the frame edges. You can see the frosting on the beading around the core, around the suspension ring and on the ribbon ring.
    It is definitely not rust or any other form of corrosion and should not be cleaned off!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Adrian,
    What makes you say it's a Deumer? I agree with the guys above, it looks very much like a Brehmer cross and matching packet.
    The ring hasn't aged badly, it is in absolutely mint condition. The 'silvery rust' is in fact the frosting that was applied to the frames and then polished off the frame edges. You can see the frosting on the beading around the core, around the suspension ring and on the ribbon ring.
    It is definitely not rust or any other form of corrosion and should not be cleaned off!
    God forbid ! Adrians right! Many collectors seek that delightful frosting, me included

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: HELP PLEASE: Potential mint Deumer( BREHMER) EKII good or bad

hello All!
    Thank you all once again for your opinions.
    OOPS! Sorry my mistake. I should have written Brehmer but somehow wrote Deumer-sorry been a very, very long day.
    When I meant "rust" I actually meant around the ring. I am sure that could be removed to reveal a makers mark but no I would not do that!
    I took this pics and unfortunately my camera does not allow for anything better.
    Should the centre piece not be slightly loose?
    Thankyou all once again for your comments!