Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?

Article about: Its a question on my mind right now

?

Default How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?

Its a question on my mind right now
    Last edited by Adrian; 06-20-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?
    P
    Many

Default Re: How do you tell the difference between a iron-cross first class and a iron cross second class?

the Iron Cross second class will have a ring loop at the top, and on the reverse it will have "1813" on the bottom (if I recall correctly that is the first year that they were presented?). A first class will have a flat back with a wide pin on it for direct attachment to the tunic. Size wise they tend to be similar (correct me if im wrong)

KSH
    ?

Default Re: How do you tell the difference between a iron-cross first class and a iron cross second class?

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Its a question on my mind right now
    I refuse to believe that with 324 posts here you don't know the answer to that you rascal

- Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 06-20-2011 at 04:25 PM.

?

And a big difference in cost!!

Much can be learned from building a basic reference library.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by KSH View Post
    I refuse to believe that with 324 posts here you don't know the answer to that you rascal

- Kenneth
    Haha! Me neither but here you go, first class and second class......
    Now you can tell us what the differences are!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?   How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?  

How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?   How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

KSH
    ?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Haha! Me neither but here you go, first class and second class......
    Now you can tell us what the differences are!
    Is it the beading?

- Kenneth

?

Default Re: How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?

Considering his age of 12 years old, I think its a good question to ask. What questions were we asking about at 12?

KSH
    ?

Default Re: How do you tell the difference between an Eisernes Kreuz 1st class and an Eisernes Kreuz 2nd class?

Quote by fvrod1 View Post
    Considering his age of 12 years old, I think its a good question to ask. What questions were we asking about at 12?
    You are correct. When I wrote my first post, I really thought he was joking. It was never my intention to be disrespectful to a fellow member looking to learn something.

- Kenneth

?

Lol i think i already knew the diffrence but i wasent 100% sure . I need someone to point it out to me before i know!
    no such thing as a stupid question.

thanks for help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast