Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

How much did they cost at the time?

Article about: Hi Guys, I expect many of you have often wondered what your EK's cost during the war? Today I discovered this interesting document from November 1944 in "Uniformen Marke" trade mag

Default Re: How much did they cost at the time?

The retail price of an EKII in a packet, in today's U.S. currency, inflation included, is $18.60

I suck at math though, so I hope I'm right.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement How much did they cost at the time?
    P
    Many

A fascinating price list Ade !!

Look how cheap an EK2 Wiederholungspange carton was !!!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    I do not belive everyone was allowed to buy these awards. Maybe only persons who had earned it? Prices seem to be quite reasonable. For example 30 minutes in a cheap brothel costed around 5 RMK.
    lol! Perhaps the cost of a loaf of bread would be a more universal comparison. Made me smile though

Here we have another interesting little snippet of info. This time from January 1945 and the final edition of the magazine.

16mm sized minis.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How much did they cost at the time?  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Lack of demand? A surplus of crosses? The fact that the Eisernes Kreuz wasn't a rare decoration anymore?

These are minis. Hence the price.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

And now the Jan. '45 price for a 9mm stickpin mini RK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture How much did they cost at the time?  

Oh, 'Verkleinerungen", that makes sense.

?

Thanks for posting Ade. I like to see these period price lists and catalogues, they always make for fascinating reading.

Frundsberg, do you ....err.... speak from experience?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Bring back the good old price lists, then we could all afford a couple dozen each, to add to this thread re price lists etc, many yrs ago when i was a mere slip of a lad, my Aunt used to have a catalogue of fashions that my uncle brought back from Paris during the liberation and i remember seeing that towards the rear of the book there were caps and uniforms which at that time i hadnt realised they were german, it was about 15yrs ago that before my Aunt died i asked her about the catalogue and if she remembered it, she did and said that she had given it to her sister, who unfortunately had died a few yrs before, just out of curiosity i spoke with my cousin about the catalogue and if she knew if it was still around, after her mum had died she and her brothers emptied out her wardrobe and threw a load of old papers and books out so i assume its gone the way of the Dodo, but what an interesting document to have as i assume there were many Parisian outlets for TR uniforms and accessories, during the occupation

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast