Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...

Article about: Hi all, I know these photos are horrible, but from what little I know about the first class Spange, those collectors who know them can typically tell whether or not they're good by viewing t

?

Default I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...

Hi all,

I know these photos are horrible, but from what little I know about the first class Spange, those collectors who know them can typically tell whether or not they're good by viewing the front side only. I'd like to get some opinions on this one since there are a great deal of repros out there. If you need better photos, let me know and I'll see if I can get them from the current owner.

Thanks!
    Dzyner

I collect World War 2 US, Japanese and German Medals and badges.

- - Updated - -

By the way... the color of the spange is not yellow, that is simply a result of the poor lighting used to shoot the photos.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...
    P
    Many

Default Re: I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...

The detail looks soft. The date doesnt look right either

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks Nick. I agree, the "9"s in the date are especially suspect; the legs of the 9s do not "swoop" out like other examples and appear a bit too thick. That said, I've observed several examples from different makers and there are obvious differences between them in terms of detail. In particular, some show the date numbers thicker than others, and some have thicker border boxes surrounding the date.

I'd like to hear some more opinions. What does everyone else thing before I pass on this example?

can we see a shot of it from the edge... straight on?

what's in the box under the pin? a "4"?

i don't consider myself expert on these, however the "4" bothers me in that it suggests manufacture by Steinhauer & Lueck however, i don't think any of the real ones are marked "4". they would be marked L/16.

am i off base here?

Hello there,

A crude fake, and nothing like the quality found on originals.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...   I'd like some opinions on this Spange 1st Class...