Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!

Article about: Snagged this beauty today at an incredible price. S&L 2nd pattern. Will post my own photos when it arrives What do you guys think?

Default I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!

Snagged this beauty today at an incredible price. S&L 2nd pattern. Will post my own photos when it arrives What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!   I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!  

I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!   I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I'm now the proud owner of a '57 RK!

I think it's a beautiful cross Tony! Excellent condition and good, crisp details.
    Where did it come from?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Very nice indeed Tony ! A lovely example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I think it's a beautiful cross Tony! Excellent condition and good, crisp details.
    Where did it come from?
    locloc08, indeed a second pattern core, with IMO an S & L frame, most 57' were made by this firm, sole producer I think after the 60's.However im not personally happy with the suspension ring, is it my eyes ? does it have the appereance of a 'dipping eye' type not usually seen on an S & L RK's.....has it been messed with ?.... I note that although the bandring is hallmarked ''800'' the RK is not (unless it is my eyes again!), if marked it would be on reverse of cross top or bottom arm.
    I know that S & L offered (still does, by the way) a silver or non-silver version, to suit the buyers budget.

Well, thanks for the thoughts guys... unfortunately, I am no longer the proud owner of it!!... the mechanism on my car's window broke and I've had to use the funds to fix that instead...
    Adrian, the source is the WAF estand. The seller has put it back for sale, if you are interested! I'm sure it will go somewhat fast at the price though!

Oradour, You are correct about the loop. It is a replacement... I didn't find it to be too big of a deal though, as the cross is authentic... the cross itself is most likely a 80's -90's produced example? The core is non-magnetic.

Not exactly the most desirable '57 EK, but it is still a "legitimate" EK, and I think a very nice one at a good price.

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Not exactly the most desirable '57 EK, but it is still a "legitimate" EK .
    loclo08, absolutly !.....I have a late produced one and treasure it...some collectors think them no more than Xmas baubles ! I DONT, as you say still a legit RK. I am sorry to hear about your window !...things hava a habit of going bang when you least expect them to !....see my thread '' Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards '' there are plenty of 57' Iron Crosses here. With the ring being replaced on that one, that would explain why there is no ''800'' mark, possibly obscured by solder. That would affect its price and desirability.

I have always wanted one but I am no expert on them. What are they going for these days anyways?

Quote by martinsuper View Post
    I have always wanted one but I am no expert on them. What are they going for these days anyways?
    martinsuper, Type A cored (early, 1957-late 60's) 57' RK expect to pay around $500-$600 (more with provanence), Type B's (later 1980's-90's) approx $150-$250. Early ones are more desirable, but the later RK's are still legitimate, see thread ''Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards'' in this sub-section, for more information.

Quote by oradour View Post
    martinsuper, Type A cored (early, 1957-late 60's) 57' RK expect to pay around $500-$600 (more with provanence), Type B's (later 1980's-90's) approx $150-$250. Early ones are more desirable, but the later RK's are still legitimate, see thread ''Bundeswehr veterans and the 57' awards'' in this sub-section, for more information.
    Danke!