Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Iron Cross Second Class

Article about: For \\$135, does this look like a good deal to you. And in your opinion does it look authentic to you. I ask because I'm a beginning collector and we all had to start somewhere.

Default Re: Iron Cross Second Class

Quote by millertime021 View Post
    For $135, does this look like a good deal to you. And in your opinion does it look authentic to you. I ask because I'm a beginning collector and we all had to start somewhere.
    I see them sold in various degrees of conditions from between $65.00-$200.00 for EKIIS. It just depends on who you buy from. I know a dealer who bought a collection of EKIIs from the Son of a GI that was stationed in Europe and must have been in a Medical unit or a Graves Registration unit-because the guy ended up with about 150 or so EKIIs.

Well, the Vet passed away about a year or two ago and the son didn't want his dads "war junk" so he went to a dealer and sold him all of the crosses. Well, the dealer had so many of them and still has many left-and they all were priced @ $65.00 each.

Dealers like Bill SHea @ The Ruptured Duck, Peter v. Lucaks, Jamie Cross and such-price their WAY too high. Sometimes you can still find some good items for good to decent prices-being offered @ black cross militaria.

It's just a matter of looking around a bit-and which dealer you buy from which will determine the price range you will pay for a standard EKII.

Also, that one for $130--is a bit high but not too badly priced according to what the majority of dealers are listing their crosses for. I pait $130.00 for one which is in mint condition and came with a mint condition paper packet. My cross has no flaws at all-the paint on the core is perfect and, the cross still has most of it's "frosting" on it's beaded edges. As I didn't have a mint EKII and or one with paper packet-I went ahead and bought one. However, I will say that now I do have one-I will not spend that much for another.

Also, I wouldn't pay more than $40-$45 USD for an EKII that comes without a ribbon.

The last EKI I got was a minty cased one-and I paid only $125.00 for it and also bought a minty Uboat badge for $175.00. These I got from a dealer who mainly only sells US Civil War items and who either had no oncept what 3rd Reich stuff was selling for-or either just didn't care what they sold for-as long as they did sell.

The above purchase happened late last year-so there are still lots of good deals out there-if you keep eyes open and are constantly on the watch for said deals.

Also, make sure you do your "homework" when looking for items to buy. More often than not-you will find a particular item you just have to get-and in which is in much better condition than the first one you saw-as well as at a better price. I got about 3/4ths of all my stuff that I paid ofr-in that manner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross Second Class
    P
    Many

millertime021
    ?

Thanks History_buff.

I've been looking around for awhile, still haven't made any EKII purchases yet, mostly because I know they aren't difficult to find. Still trying to find the right one for me. And since I'm just starting my collection, I'm just looking for a run of the mill one.

Thanks History_buff.

I've been looking around for awhile, still haven't made any EKII purchases yet, mostly because I know they aren't difficult to find. Still trying to find the right one for me. And since I'm just starting my collection, I'm just looking for a run of the mill one.
    Me & Phil are at a fayre next Sunday. I'll see what's there. Stewy S

millertime021
    ?

$165. EXC++ condition, with 10" of Ribbon?
    Deal or no Deal.
    Attached Images Attached Images Iron Cross Second Class  Iron Cross Second Class 

As Phil says you can get a run of the mill example cheaper Stewy S

millertime021
    ?

okay. Thanks guys.

It just seems every one I find is way over priced. I just looked at a few junkers selling for $200. I have yet to see one, with or without ribbon, for under $119, no matter the condition.
    I'm stumped. I just can't seem to find any good deals at the moment.
    Hopefully persistence pays off.

millertime021
    ?

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Me & Phil are at a fayre next Sunday. I'll see what's there. Stewy S
    Let me know what treasures you get.

Thanks History_buff.

Glad to help a fellow collector out. Also, if interested in a run-of-the-mill cross-send me a PM and ill tell you who is selling his EKIIs for $65.00 I don't wish to post his name in public because not a lot of people know of he and his site yet and I don't want it to become a "feeding Frenzy-like all the well-known sites have become. Sites like Detlev Niemann, Helmut Weitze, Carsten Baldes and a few others.

$165. EXC++ condition, with 10" of Ribbon?
    Deal or no Deal.
    the one you are posting IMO is about $50.00 too high. If you don't mind me asking you but-who is selling this cross?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4