Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Iron Cross second class Vet story.

Article about: Hi Guys, a few weeks ago my father John was in the next village down from our's having a look at a pickup truck that he had been offered in a deal for a sports car he has, while there a big

Default Iron Cross second class Vet story.

Hi Guys, a few weeks ago my father John was in the next village down from our's having a look at a pickup truck that he had been offered in a deal for a sports car he has, while there a big Army type plane went over them then this guy started telling the specs of it size what it was used for etc. then say's oh John i have a nazi medal in the house i got from my mothers old house she stayed with a guy years ago who shot the Germans in the war and picked a medal off a dead German soldier. My Dad now kicks in with my son collects German militaria etc, so the guy says you can have it for him when i find it again haven't seen it for a few years.

My Dad comes home and tells me this except my Dad thought the guy says the vet had picked it of the NECK of a German solider, so i thought ohh yes we either have a Knights Cross or a guy full of bull, however you could imagine what i was hoping for, but two weeks later he turns up with a very nice Iron Cross second class with a very long full length ribbon that smells a million years old and if its been in a mechanics toolbox for 30 years but it also has a marked ring and very nice used paint to both sides. But it is nice and has a ring number 40. That's the stuff what it came in a envolope and with a bit of paper explaning when the first Iron Cross was given out what for and how many but its all about the ww1 ek2 and not ww2. Shows the guy (who gave my Father it) wasn't intrested in the cross at all!! He printed that from the internet but lost interest and forgot about it for years, untill the bomber talk with the right man.

It wasnt the Knights Cross but I was still very happy with it, just because the way it was found. Photos are from a camera phone the last pic shows it best .

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Iron Cross second class Vet story.   Iron Cross second class Vet story.  

Iron Cross second class Vet story.   Iron Cross second class Vet story.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Iron Cross second class Vet story.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Iron Cross second class Vet story.

Hi Ewan, nice story and nice EKII as well

Cheers, Ade.

Congrats Ewan

A nice piece, and a great story

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

thanks guys the nicest part was the price free, sure everyone will agree that