Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker

Article about: Hello there, a friend gave me this cross for authentification, i'm quiet sure this cross is a fake, i just wanted to be sure. If anybody could tell the story about who made it and at what ti

Default Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker

Hello there, a friend gave me this cross for authentification, i'm quiet sure this cross is a fake, i just wanted to be sure. If anybody could tell the story about who made it and at what time. Thank you in advance!.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker   Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker  

Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Knight cross RitterKreuz Juncker
    P
    Many

If you compare side by side with a known original, you will notice that the dimensions of the cross are all wrong. The "arms" of the cross are far too thick and don't have the proper curve...
    cheers, Glenn

Indeed a bad one. It looks almost as if the lower arm is shorter than the rest.

There is no crosshatching on the obverse corners that I can see, and is the bead flaw on the Left arm of this one? It should be on the Bottom bead. Otherwise, a very good copy-perhaps a wearing cross or a jewelers copy?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I just see that too! Just another fake around! Thanks

Hello there,

Not a lazy 2 I would want to own.

William Kramer

good copy imo.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    ....perhaps a wearing cross or a jewelers copy?
    IMO, these are misleading terms - if someone wanted a second copy of an RK they could purchase one, but they all came from legitimate makers and so would have been made with the same dies as the awarded crosses. Why would anyone commission a jeweler to make a copy of a cross when a genuine replacement example could easily be purchased through official channels?
    Just my thoughts on the subject.....

But back to the OP's cross - as copies go, this isn't the worst, although it doesn't look anything like a genuine 'Lazy 2'.

Regards - Danny

If anyone happens to know of one of these 'quality' repro crosses
    for sale - with or without ribbon, boxed or not, at a very
    reasonable price, I'd be interested ( especially if it were
    with oakleaves and swords ) for display
    purposes.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Unfortunately, most of these end up being peddled for silly money as originals by the fake makers....a shame, as they could, if they felt so inclined, be making decent money selling them for good copies.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."