Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?

Article about: So most collectors at the gun shows say it is real that deal with these awards I only had one that said it was questionable because of no hallmark on the cross itself but it is a 3 piece con

Default L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?

So most collectors at the gun shows say it is real that deal with these awards I only had one that said it was questionable because of no hallmark on the cross itself but it is a 3 piece construction silver with iron core magnetic. I got it from an estate sale out of an old box this was inside a letter that was dated 3 months after the war and sent home to the U.S. so I assume it was something he picked up and sent home as a souvenir. So I only paid $75.00 for it. Anyone can tell me if it is real or fake? I myself think it is real but so many Third Reich items are being made today even fool the collectors today from what I have read. Thank you for any inputL/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement L/21 Screwback Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse: fake or Real?
    P
    Many

Unfortunately looks like a floch fake to me, Regards ,Paul

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    Unfortunately looks like a floch fake to me, Regards ,Paul
    Ok what do I need to look for if it is a fake or a floch fake, I only had one collector tell me that all Iron Cross 1st class will be hallmarked. If it is a fake some German in germany was selling these to soldiers in 1945 as sovenirs to send home. It is a 3 piece I know that for sure with iron core so whoever made sure went out of their way to fake it.

Quote by rhodesia View Post
    , I only had one collector tell me that all Iron Cross 1st class will be hallmarked.
    That is incorrect.

Quote by rhodesia View Post
    If it is a fake some German in germany was selling these to soldiers in 1945 as sovenirs to send home.
    Do you have any proof of this?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The 1939 date is very low in the frame (just like a Floch) & I don't believe there was an LDO manufacturer of the screw back EK1 L/21 ,Regards,Paul (ps Floch fakes are 3 part construction with magnetic cores they are very good copys)

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    The 1939 date is very low in the frame (just like a Floch) & I don't believe there was an LDO manufacturer of the screw back EK1 L/21 ,Regards,Paul (ps Floch fakes are 3 part construction with magnetic cores they are very good copys)
    I just started with Thrid Reich items, I have better luck with imperial war german items so maybe I should stay with that collection.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

There is no screw back maker L/21. It is a Floch fake (low date, overlapping ribbing in the center and corners). Jim
    Last edited by CMSgt; 04-26-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Thank you everyone I will use FLOCH EK1 L/21 this as a learning curve and take this to the collector shows so I can use this as a reference so I can get a real one. I have been looking to buy a real one but its so hard to know even if the fakes are fooling the collectors as well. I see so many for sale online that sell real ones but I have heard that you cannot really trust these sites as well. again thank you for steering me in the right direction.

Here is one for sale in our classifieds right now. It has been there for a while, you may be able to get it for a bit less.
    Eisernes Kreuz 1 class - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Here is another.
    EK1 Deschler cSohn - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    A couple more here.
    Some EK1 and EK2 for sale - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    That should start you off.
    If these don't do it for you, you can look through the classifieds yourself.
    Third Reich German awards and badges - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast