Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

LDO presentation case - unknown award

Article about: I just purchased this LDO presentation case. I do not know what award it held. The case has two levels and I assume the top part held a ribbon bar. You can see the faint impression of the ba

Default LDO presentation case - unknown award

I just purchased this LDO presentation case. I do not know what award it held. The case has two levels and I assume the top part held a ribbon bar. You can see the faint impression of the back and front of the award. The upper lining has faint red coloration. I paid 19 US for it. Feedback is greatly appreciated. NH

LDO presentation case - unknown awardLDO presentation case - unknown awardLDO presentation case - unknown awardLDO presentation case - unknown award

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement LDO presentation case - unknown award
    P
    Many

It looks like maybe a VWA was housed in there

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick - thanks. What is a VWA? Did you mean a wound badge? If so, I don't think this is a case for one of them. It has two levels and if I am not mistaken the top part would have a ribbon bar. I don't think wound badges were issues with ribbons. NH

Dimensions are 3 inches by 4 inches outside. Inside top recess is 1 1/2 inches and bottom is 2 inches. NH

This is the closest item that matches my case. Is it possible this was a presentation case for the oak leaves? NH

LDO presentation case - unknown award

Hello Neil,
    Yours has squarer corners but it is entirely possible.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Should we move this to the iron cross section? NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Should we move this to the iron cross section? NH
    Done!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph. Hoping to get some additional feedback now. NH

Weitze and Emedals both had this type of case for sale. It does appear to be for the oak leaves. Any input out there at all? NH

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast