Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's

Article about: Hi Fellas, Being almost solely a helmet collector, I am a bit out of my depth here. I am looking to get a few other original TR items to display with my helmets, and have come across a coupl

?

Default Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's

Hi Fellas,

Being almost solely a helmet collector, I am a bit out of my depth here.
    I am looking to get a few other original TR items to display with my helmets, and
    have come across a couple of EK2 medals for sale.
    I am happy to say that I know 2/3's of bugger all when it comes to medals and the like,
    so would love to hear your feedback/opinions on them.

The top 2 pics show the reverse side and ring stamping of what I am told is from the maker Friedrich Orth Wien (15)
    The lower 2 show the front side and ring stamping of the J.E. Hammer & Söhne Geringswalde (55) EK2.
    I have asked for more pics showing both sides of each of these, and hope to have them soon.
    Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's   Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's  

Attached Images Attached Images Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's 
    Last edited by rbminis; 02-25-2015 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's
    P
    Many

?

Okay, the order of the pics did not come out in the order I thought they would.
    Here are a few more pics I just received.
    Friedrich Orth Wien front, and Friedrich Orth Wien front
    Hope this helps with opinions.

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's   Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's  

Both look like crackers to me Brad!

Cheers, Dan ( Watch it, EK's are addictive )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

No problems from me either!

The Hammer & Sohn marking matched perfectly to my ground dug example but in regard to the Orth, do you think it could actually be a '13' (Gustav Brehmer)?

Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's Looking for opinions on a couple of Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse's

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    No problems from me either!

The Hammer & Sohn marking matched perfectly to my ground dug example but in regard to the Orth, do you think it could actually be a '13' (Gustav Brehmer)?
    You could be onto something there, my impression when I saw the stamping was that it was a 13.
    Either way, still a nice EK.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Brad.

?

Two good crosses the top 55 the bottom is a 15

Quote by Adam M View Post
    Two good crosses the top 55 the bottom is a 15
    +1

The Orth is in very nice condition and is also the rarer one of the two. It has a typical Orth core and large, thin suspension ring. Here is mine for comparison:

Quote by Lidman View Post
    Okay, the order of the pics did not come out in the order I thought they would.
    Here are a few more pics I just received.
    Friedrich Orth Wien front, and Friedrich Orth Wien front
    Hope this helps with opinions.

Brad.
    Hello Brad,
    This is exactly why we request that a new thread be started for each individual award. It reduces the confusion.
    A couple of nice EK's either way.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks for the advice and opinions fellas.
    Man, I love this forum, and it's many valuable members!

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast