Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is my EK.1 real or fake.

Article about: Hello all. I am new to this site but I am glad I found it because hopefully you guys can give me your opinion on this matter which I have wondered about for a long time. There seems to be a

?

Default Is my EK.1 real or fake.

Hello all.

I am new to this site but I am glad I found it because hopefully you guys can give me your opinion on this matter which I have wondered about for a long time. There seems to be a great knowledge base here.

I bought this cross in good faith, not knowing if I was buying a copy or not. Seller promised 100% original. I am convinced that the case is good but the cross itself is another story.

It does not have any manufacturers marking on it and the center is not magnetic. However it does have lines along the edges suggesting it is a 3 piece assembly. Sadly I am unable to take a good picture of the side.

Please tell me your opinion.

Best regards,
    Siggi,
    Iceland

Is my EK.1 real or fake.Is my EK.1 real or fake.Is my EK.1 real or fake.Is my EK.1 real or fake.Is my EK.1 real or fake.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is my EK.1 real or fake.
    P
    Many

Hi Siggi and welcome to the forum. Can you please turn the pics and re-upload them...

The cross looks like a good W&L to me, a shame the catch is missing though.

Regards,
    Nick

?

Hi Nick and thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear that you believe it is real. Next step for sure is to read about W&L It is true that it is a shame about the broken catch. I have re-uploaded the pictures. Thanks for the tip.

?

Another question, do you think this box was issued by W&L? I have seen pictures of other boxes and there were some differences between them. I am just wondering if the cross and box are a original pair.

Thanks for your help

I agree with Nick a nice W&L

W&L didnt make cases

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

nice cross. Typically the "100" mark is on the underside of the pin, unlike most other makers. I know you said it didn't have a maker mark but I assume you checked both sides of the pin, correct?

William Kramer

?

Hi William.

There is no mark anywhere

?

Don't worry about not always seeing a seam along the edges of the cross. The finishing technique sometimes hides it.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....