Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My EK2

Article about: Ok, I'll venture my newest thoughts. The core I believe is by Souval. The frame is possibly an S&L, not 100% sure on that though. The mark on the ring I believe is L/58 - compare to a si

Default My EK2

Hello. I just wonder what you think about this ek2. It's hard to tell who the manufacturer is, but it looks like its marked 1/55 or L/55. Is any of them common manufacturers of ek2? Please help the newbie from sweden.

/Farradin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My EK2
    P
    Many

Default Re: My EK2

An L/55 is a scarce Wachtler & Lange !!

It looks good to me but let one of the forum experts have a look.

You could have a real gem there

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Farradin,
    L/55 is the LDO number for Wachtler & Lange as Nick points out. This is not a W&L cross. The L/55 number will always be stamped on the lower edge of the frame and not on the ring. Their PKZ number '100' is however stamped on the ring.
    I believe this cross is known as the 'Stuttgart fake'. Can you post some closer straight on front and back shots please and maybe a clear shot of the makers mark?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Hi guys, thanks for replying. Okey, as I said im not sure if its L/55 1/55 or just 55. It's really hard to see. I will try to take some better pictures. My dad got it in the 60's so it cant be a "modern" fake. But as you said, it might be a fake.
    better pic's coming asap
    /Farradin

NEW pictures.

Front and back pic

?

Those pics are better, I retract my Stuttgart fake thoughts now. The blurred inner corners on the original pics were what put me in mind of it.
    I'm puzzled by the makers mark. Close up it looks like either an L/55 or an L/58, Wachtler & Lange and Souval respectively. It is not an EK from either of those makers......

Its definately not a 55 JE Hammer & Sohn either

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Ok, I'm formulating a few thoughts here, Farradin, can you tell me if the small ring is attached to the back of the cross please? Do you know where your Father obtained the cross?

Hi guys, thanks for helping me with the ek2. My dad bought it from a dealer 1968 in Stockholm. Unfortunately the small ring is loose on one side. It wasn't that when my dad bought it, it broke some years ago. My dad can guarantee it's the same ring as when he bought it '68.

/Farradin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast