Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Article about: Hi Guys, I bought this from one of our members on the forum. I cant remember the maker ( its unmarked) I only read it 400 times now I forgot. If I don't put it up now I will forget, Anyway I

Default My First Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse

Hi Guys,
    I bought this from one of our members on the forum. I cant remember the maker ( its unmarked) I only read it 400 times now I forgot. If I don't put it up now I will forget,
    Anyway
    I loved nicely toned items. This one is great

Deep russets and gold with even toning. which makes it look flashy and gold plated,

Been waiting a while for one I liked, and this one fit the bill.

Wanted to Share and will update who the maker is once he gets back to me or I find it on my own.
    Thanks
    General PutnamClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1104.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	220.5 KB 
ID:	910734Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1105.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	910735Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1111.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	287.9 KB 
ID:	910736Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1112.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	322.8 KB 
ID:	910737Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1113.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	319.0 KB 
ID:	910738
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Is this an unmarked B.H.Meier?

"The maker is Souval, it is a textbook wartime produced one."
    What would you know about victory? I killed a she-wolf in her den, armed with only a knife. I escaped the Caughnawaga Indians who sought to burn me alive. And, I was the sole survivor of a shipwreck at the Battle of Havana. So you'll excuse me if I choose not to follow your advice." ―Israel Putnam speaking to a Continental Army officer at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1115.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	910745

The 'Crow's feet' gave it away to me as a Souval also.

?

Bead flaw on 12 o'c arm left side of frame, "crows feet" as Glenn mentioned, rounded corners beside hakenkreuz and correct frame bead width to name a few...indicate a wartime RS Wien!
    Enjoy your first cross General.

I'm looking for one of these also, if anyone has upgraded or whatever let me know. In fact I bought one on the forum myself in the classifieds, only to have the payment refunded with an email that it has sold on the WAF... I wonder if the gold toning could be the result of living in a smokers house? A vintage guitar collector friend of mine calls it "bar tan" on vintage guitars where the white binding has virtually turned an orange color. At any rate, on a metal piece like this, smoke stains would just be a film on the surface.

I know little about EK's, virtually nothing actually... but one thing about this one that I maybe haven't seen on other ones is that the 3 in 1939 seems to hang down a bit?

My main focus for years has was coins, the toning her seems to just be a function of silver and time it had to have been in laying on its reverse as the reverse is pretty much tarnished over. well aged like a good steak

Indeed an impressive EKI. congrats. nothing like the first iron cross. My first was a Meybauer

watch it General they become a habit,nice EK1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast