Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: Hi guys, This is my very first Eisernes Kreuz! I think its a Jakob Bengel according to my research, its marked "44". Did I do good? I can see how these can get addicting. Can anyon

Default My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Hi guys, This is my very first Eisernes Kreuz! I think its a Jakob Bengel according to my research, its marked "44". Did I do good?
    I can see how these can get addicting. Can anyone recommend a good reference book?
    Thanks
    Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My First Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Quote by Element7 View Post
    I think its a Jakob Bengel according to my research, its marked "44". Did I do good?
    I can see how these can get addicting. Can anyone recommend a good reference book?
    Thanks
    Kirby
    Hi Kirby,
    You did very good for your first cross, a nice, original marked EK from Jakob Bengel - as you know.
    As for books, you could look at 'The Iron Cross of 1939' by Gordon Williamson, 'The Iron Time' by Stephen Prevetira. Both of these will give you hours of reading and useful reference. Be prepared to have to spend a bit on them though.
    There are a couple of EK books in the pipeline to come out this year and next by Dietrich Maerz.
    Maybe few other members can suggest further reading.
    Failing that, don't be afraid to ask on the forum and study examples posted here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Congratulations Kirby on your first....of many

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Adrian, Nick

Thank you both! I appreciate your comments.

Adrian,

Thanks for the information on the books. It good to know Dietrich is doing a book on EK's. I'm currently reading his book on the Deutsches Kreuz. Its a very thorough publication worth its weight in gold and I'm sure his next effort will be no different. I check out the others as well.

Thanks very much

Kirby