Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My first EK2!

Article about: Yes, I think Nick and I have a similar, delicate domestic situation as regards spending money on beautiful...shiny...attractive historical pieces such as these.

Default My first EK2!

My first EK2 arrived yesterday! I've patiently waited for over a month for one in a nice condition to become available and I had to jump on this one as soon as I saw it on the last Military Antiques of Stockholm update. Even then I was too slow to get a truely 'mint' EK that seemed to be sold the instant the update was posted.

I was looking for a W & L to kick start the collection however this is a Steinhauer & Luck, i'm not complaining...it looks much better in the hand than it does in my photograph.

Please excuse the standard of photography, I took these shots with my trusty point and shoot in fading light when the wife was expected back any minute!

She is away for a few days later this week so i'll break out her tripod, lights and DSLR and try to get some quality shots then (as long as I can figure out how to work the damn thing ).

In the meantime here is the EK and also a dummy run of my framed display of the EK surrounded by various ground dug Stalingrad relics for which I have to thank Jørn (norsk41elv) for his advice in mounting techniques. The display will be different in it's final form as i have a relic Nahkampfspange arriving today and another Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen, Infanterie Sturmabzeichen, Panzerkampfabzeichen and Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz arriving in the coming days.

I'm going to have to start on a second frame to accomodate all the relics i've been buying lately.

My first EK2!

My first EK2!

My first EK2!

My first EK2!

My first EK2!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first EK2!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My first EK2!

Maybe you get yourself a ground dug EK 2 for your display, which is very nice, just to have all relic items on that display

I almost had a ground dug EK1 that I bought off of ebay but the seller mysteriously 'lost' both it and the ground dug Verwundetenabzeichen im Schwarz right after the sale was completed. I hadn't yet paid by that time, I think he must have received a better offer after the auction finished...

I was planning to have one fresh medal in each display surrounded by the flotsam and jetsam of war, sort of an anti-war art piece highlighting the glorified image of war in the form of the beautiful, iconic medal yet surrounded by the reality of war as represented by the death, destruction and decay of the ground dug items, now bereft of any glory.

Glenn

Congratulations You have chosen a stunning S&L with lovely frosting !

It looks great in that frame too!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Super condition S&L EK2 Glenn, good choice.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks guys! Hopefully it's the first of probably not many, but certainly a few!

Congratulations on your new EKII, I like it a lot.

As I recommend to everyone looking for EK's, check out .:: Welcome to eMEDALS.ca ::.. They frequently list minty EKII's and they deliver fast.

?

A very nice start! Soon you will have 50 of them..

Don't say that Sonni! I will have a divorce on my hands for sure!

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Don't say that Sonni! I will have a divorce on my hands for sure!
    just PM Nick for advise..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast