Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Ritterkreuz.

Article about: Could anyone please translate this for me it is on the back of the case. This cross has had mixed feeling about it around some collectors. I have learned a lot from you experts in this field

Default My Ritterkreuz.

Could anyone please translate this for me it is on the back of the case. This cross has had mixed feeling about it around some collectors. I have learned a lot from you experts in this field and value your opinions. It is heavy and magnetic. It is also 3 piece construction. I see no silver content markings on it. The centers of the cross look bulged from the photos. I have it in my hand and they are not. Just the photos, I think. The ribbon and case look period without artificial ageing that I can tell. I really don't have a lot in this. So please let me know what you may think.
    Thanks,
    John

My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.My Ritterkreuz.
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-28-2014 at 05:35 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Ritterkreuz.
    P
    Many

Translation:
    Martin was a reserve-officer and at the beginning of the Russian Campaign was Aide-de-camp on the staff of Infantry Regiment 520 of the 296th Infantry Division. The regiment began the advance into the Ukraine, took part in the battle of encirclement in Kiev and during the winter of 1941 fought south of Moscow over Tschern towards Tula. This is where Lieutenant of the Reserves Martin displayed prudence, leadership ability and personal courage, which contributed towards mastering dangerously critical situations. He was decorated with the RK on 20th December 1941 and shortly thereafter promoted to Oberleutnant. On 29 Sept.1942, as commander of the 5th Company of his regiment, he fell in battle in the main front line during the heavy defensive fighting 30km North of Bolchow in the Orel salient.

- - ------- - -

thanks Glen for the translation.

John

looks ok to me.not sure of the wirehanger.

Thanks.

A very unusual RK. It looks quite good, but I cannot match it's designs exactly to any known original examples. It could well be a wearing copy made by a jeweler. Compare it, for example, with this gallery of different makers and see what you think of it. Pay especial attention to the numbers in the dates on either side.
    Knight's Cross Gallery
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks. I will. It is an odd one at that. The story on the back of the case is what it is. I am not sure if any of it can be verified??
    It is a nice old RK.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A very unusual RK. It looks quite good, but I cannot match it's designs exactly to any known original examples. It could well be a wearing copy made by a jeweler. Compare it, for example, with this gallery of different makers and see what you think of it. Pay especial attention to the numbers in the dates on either side.
    Knight's Cross Gallery

I looked in the Gallery you sent me and compared the numbers and font and style. Could it be a C. E. Juncker unmarked????
    I have looked at this for hours and compared them with known examples. I am by far no expert on these, but that is what I think.
    But you folks are the experts on these and I value your opinions. Maybe some better pictures would help. The case, the ribbon and where it was laying in the case looks good.
    Thanks,
    John

Gents, this is a post war Souval RK..... All is correct; double loop, low swas and dipping '3' in the obverse date.

Regards

Most Souval's that I've seen are crude. This one is not badly made and still looks to me like a jeweler copy. It does have similarities to the Junckers, but look at the "9"s. The Juncker 9's have wider openings while this one has thin openings. But, at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter either way-a Souval or a Jeweler, it's not an issued piece, in my opinion. Clever, though, the typed up "history" they put on it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast