Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

my two new EK1 and krim shield :)

Article about: seen this im going to get i think DETOLF Glass-door cabinet - IKEA ned to get more stuff to fill it lol

Default my two new EK1 and krim shield :)

i just got my new items today from The Collector’s Guild
    first EK1 MM "113" looks a very nice cross very clean i payed $460 for it but 13 my favorite number and birth date so that's the main reason i went for it

second is EK1 cased MM L/11 nice cross allso first cased cross think ill be getting more payed $495

can any one tell me more about these makers? as i don't no to much im a noob
    and do you guys think the prices are okay?
    did get chared £30 off uk customs :/

last is a krim shield its nice didt think it would be so big lol like it tho payed $140

i now own 4 EK2's 3 with envelops "mm" 25,98,4,113,
    1 Russian front medal
    and some coins
    my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)my two new EK1 and krim shield :)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my two new EK1 and krim shield :)
    P
    Many

Hi

Two nice crosses

The first is an L/13 not a 113

L/13 is Meyabauer and L/11 is Deumer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

The Krim shield is by the maker Friedrich Orth of Vienna, and is the rarer variant by them having the outer edge lateral prongs rather than the more often seen soldered inner flatwire type. This may be an LDO Krim shield that was generally supplied without cloth backing, and often no backplate as well as the lateral clips were designed to be able to be utilised without using them, The material is sheet metal (steel) that's been bronzed.

Although I wouldn't condone doing it, you'll more than likely find the maker mark "f.o." stamped lightly in the reverse side at the bottom pointy end bit of the shield, but you may break a prong clip or two in the process, so i'd leave it.

Nice photo's as well.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi

Two nice crosses

The first is an L/13 not a 113

L/13 is Meyabauer and L/11 is Deumer

Nick
    yeah i got mixed up a little with my EK2 lol
    thanks
    the swastika is a little more rasied on the L/13 towards the L/11 and my EK2's is this just different makers made them a little different?

Quote by big ned View Post
    The Krim shield is by the maker Friedrich Orth of Vienna, and is the rarer variant by them having the outer edge lateral prongs rather than the more often seen soldered inner flatwire type. This may be an LDO Krim shield that was generally supplied without cloth backing, and often no backplate as well as the lateral clips were designed to be able to be utilised without using them, The material is sheet metal (steel) that's been bronzed.

Although I wouldn't condone doing it, you'll more than likely find the maker mark "f.o." stamped lightly in the reverse side at the bottom pointy end bit of the shield, but you may break a prong clip or two in the process, so i'd leave it.

Nice photo's as well.

Regards, Ned.
    yeah thanks alot for for the info think i will be best off leaving it then incase i break it

very nice.crosses expensive to.

you think i payed to much? how much are these worth?
    my EK1 "L/11" was £290 L/13 was£270

Very nice! Congrats
    Yes well, costs allot, but it makes us happy, cant put a price on that
    ..and try to sell your phone a 2-3 years.. at least here you get most of your "investment" back .. its more like borrowed money
    Or at least thats why I tell myself, soothes me

Quote by Sveimhugi View Post
    Very nice! Congrats
    Yes well, costs allot, but it makes us happy, cant put a price on that
    ..and try to sell your phone a 2-3 years.. at least here you get most of your "investment" back .. its more like borrowed money
    Or at least thats why I tell myself, soothes me
    thanks
    yeh they do cost alot but im 25 and not planing on selling my collection ever
    i enjoy haveing them

i need some sort of box to store them in any ideas?

Yes thats very understandable

I bought this guy in Ikea for my collection, has the nice look, just added some fabric on the back and shelves, looks really neat

my two new EK1 and krim shield :)

Im planning on building my own wall display cases soon when a got the time aswell.

But you can find many options under the "show your collection" discussion here oon the forum i guess

Quote by romanlegion13th View Post
    thanks
    yeh they do cost alot but im 25 and not planing on selling my collection ever
    i enjoy haveing them

i need some sort of box to store them in any ideas?
    These guys are pretty good. Check out their shop on the top right, lots of choices at what I consider fair prices.

Boss Wall Mounted Glass Display Cabinet Unit Shelving - 4 Colours Available | eBay

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast