Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My unmarked EK II with paper bag

Article about: Hello all I bought these together quite a few years ago and always thought it was an original. However I am far from an EK expert so I wanted to post some pictures of it to this forum hoping

Default My unmarked EK II with paper bag

Hello all

I bought these together quite a few years ago and always thought it was an original.
    However I am far from an EK expert so I wanted to post some pictures of it to this forum hoping some of you that do know what they are talking about can chime in and tell me more about the medal I have. Is it real? What manufacturer? Is the paper bag real? What's the worth of the two pieces?
    Attached are pictures of the front and back, can't seem to find any markings on it.
    Thanks for any insight you guys can provide
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My unmarked EK II with paper bag   My unmarked EK II with paper bag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My unmarked EK II with paper bag
    P
    Many

Picture of the small bag that came with it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My unmarked EK II with paper bag  

Quote by RagTagCircus View Post
    Picture of the small bag that came with it.
    Any markings on the reverse of the envelope?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A good K&Q cross IMO.

Regards

nice EK2.

Thanks all for the quick replies. I am guessing K&Q is the manufacturer Klein & Quenzer? (I had to look it up).
    How did you determine it is a K&Q? Any details that point in that direction.
    The bag is unmarked but would it have been originally with the EK -> is it possible this bag and EK have been together always?
    Thanks for your help, as you might notice I don't know much about German medals

Forgot to add the back of the bag:
    The 100 was what the seller originally asked for it but I got a pretty decent discount being only 12 when I bought this (didn't realize I've been doing this for 8 years! Makes me feel old already)
    As I said no markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My unmarked EK II with paper bag  

Quote by RagTagCircus View Post
    Thanks all for the quick replies. I am guessing K&Q is the manufacturer Klein & Quenzer? (I had to look it up).
    How did you determine it is a K&Q? Any details that point in that direction.
    The bag is unmarked but would it have been originally with the EK -> is it possible this bag and EK have been together always?
    Thanks for your help, as you might notice I don't know much about German medals
    Yes, K&Q is Klein & Quenzer.
    Yes, there are details that point to the maker.
    The envelope could have always been with the EK but I would expect it to be marked if it were from K&Q.
    I know a fair bit about German medals and have about 25 EK II's but I still have a difficult time determining which maker if they are not marked. Hence, why I rely on the good members here like Nick that are always willing to help.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I'm amazed by the knowledge of all the members on here. I was reading through the different posts trying to figure out what I had in hand but I gave up and posted it here. Which turned out to be a wise decision! Thanks all!!

When you see an EK you want to id, just look at each hersteller in these helpfull links (EK2 & EK1) and try to find a match. After a while you won't be needing the links anymore for the easier ones like Deumer, K&Q, W&L, ect.

Not sure, but I think the packet is good as well. I found a similar one listed on "Militaria-Berlin", see below. The lid, which could've been marked, is missing on yours though.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My unmarked EK II with paper bag   My unmarked EK II with paper bag  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast