Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My WW2 EKII.

Article about: Heres a couple of photos of my Keck & Sohn manufactured WW2 German Iron Cross 2nd Class. It was awarded to Gefreiter Karl Lutz during the invasion of Poland 1939. The suspension ring to

Default My WW2 EKII.

Heres a couple of photos of my Keck & Sohn manufactured WW2 German Iron Cross 2nd Class. It was awarded to Gefreiter Karl Lutz during the invasion of Poland 1939. The suspension ring to the ribbon is stamped "64" and in all not in too bad condition with no splits in the frame etc though some wear to the black magnetic centre as can be seen in the photos. I once had Gefreiter Karl Lutz's Wherpass but rather stupidly sold it deciding to just keep his decoration instead. I had made copies of the Wherpass and put them on a CD but yes you guessed the CD got damaged to the point where the data could no longer be accessed-grrrrr!! I recall Gefreiter Lutz was born in Heidelberg. His Iron Cross was discovered minus its original ribbon in the small pocket in the back of the Wherpass. Just thought id show it and ask if anyone out there has Gefreiter Karl Lutz's Wherpass and might show some of its content?? Regards to all, Tim Heath.Attachment 206330

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My WW2 EKII.
    P
    Many

Default Re: My WW2 EKII.

Hi Tim

I am not aware of EK2s being manufactured by that maker. Please can you send more detailed pics particularly of the maker mark on the ring?

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Hi Tim,
    I too would like to see the makers mark, maker '64' didn't produce EKs as far as I know.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

That core looks odd, more like steel than iron?

?

Hello
    date 1813 remember me some known fakes..

?

I'm glad you said that Fabri. The huge swastika was also giving me alarm bells. Didn't we discuss a similar cross not so long ago?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    I'm glad you said that Fabri. The huge swastika was also giving me alarm bells. Didn't we discuss a similar cross not so long ago?
    I will try and get a decent close up picture of the makers stamp on the ring and see what you guys think about it. If its not right it wont be too sore as as far as i know the guy who sold the Wehrpass wasnt aware of the cross being in the back pocket of the document and i paid £85 for the Wehrpass. Will do my best anyhow to get pix of the makers stamp. It sure looks like 64 but i might have got it wrong guys but will leave it up to you as you have more expertise than me on this subject. Thanks and will post more pix asap. Regards Tim

Really? The seller didn't know there was a nice, chunky award in the back of a paper Wehrpass? If the EK proves to be fake i'd say the seller was well aware and this was his 'hook' to get 85 quid for a Wehrpass.

?

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Hi Adrian, you 're right, I didn't open the pics.. also the swaz and the front date match the known fake. Yes probably we discussed another one recently.
    I 'm sorry Fallschirmjaeger but the cross is not original, I 'm sure of this.

?

I agree with the others, It's a fake. Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast