Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No magnetic EKII

Article about: Guys, I don't follow things to the same degree as yourselves but is there also the possibility that post war 'parts' crosses were assembeled from existing stocks perhaps bought up by a shrew

?

Default No magnetic EKII

Last new entry.
    No magnetic core..... somebody can help me about the mark ??

The ring for the band is small.

Bye
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No magnetic EKII   No magnetic EKII  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No magnetic EKII
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: No magnetic EKII

It's an interesting cross Massimo.
    The frame appears to be the standard S&L type and the reverse side of the core a Paulmann & Crone. I have only seen one other example and wish I'd picked it up now, click here It's the first cross on the thread.
    One possible thoery - and it is just a theory - is that a maker had to buy in parts from other makers to maintain production.
    For example maker 'A' had a problem with their reverse die tool, production was stopped for repair. Production had to be maintained so they bought reverse cores from maker 'B' to fulfill requirements. Therefore we find crosses with mis-matched components.
    Whether or not this is the case, I don't know, perhaps we'll never know but it makes for an interesting discussion!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

interesting thread,,,i never would have thought that eks were assembled that way,with different maker parts,,,

I'm whit AdrianC, it has also ben seen on other german combat medals ( Parts from difrent makers) ;D
    Last edited by Nordland/Danmark; 05-25-2010 at 03:52 PM.

?

Quote by militarymania View Post
    interesting thread,,,i never would have thought that eks were assembled that way,with different maker parts,,,
    Juncker and Wachtler & Lange used each others parts, many makers used S&L type parts also.
    I don't believe we know as much as we think we do regarding production of TR awards - or in fact any area of the hobby. We like to think of everything as standard and anything non standard simply can't be right. I tend not to susbscribe to this and would like to keep an open mind about things.

Its strange why with both examples we see here, Paulmann & Crone is involved.

Maybe like you say Adrian they had a fault with their reverse dye tool

Intersting food for thought

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    It's an interesting cross Massimo.
    The frame appears to be the standard S&L type and the reverse side of the core a Paulmann & Crone. I have only seen one other example and wish I'd picked it up now, click here It's the first cross on the thread.
    One possible thoery - and it is just a theory - is that a maker had to buy in parts from other makers to maintain production.
    For example maker 'A' had a problem with their reverse die tool, production was stopped for repair. Production had to be maintained so they bought reverse cores from maker 'B' to fulfill requirements. Therefore we find crosses with mis-matched components.
    Whether or not this is the case, I don't know, perhaps we'll never know but it makes for an interesting discussion!
    Thanks Adrian,
    on my data base I've another cross similar marked 23...
    Also for the daggers not all marking are a factory, many are only distributors or assemblators.

?

Quote by Gew44 View Post
    on my data base I've another cross similar marked 23...
    Can you post it please Massimo?

?

All the photos coming from a web shop.
    I have 3 exemples, and for me frame and rear appear similar to my cross, but pheraps I'm crazy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture No magnetic EKII   No magnetic EKII  

No magnetic EKII   No magnetic EKII  

No magnetic EKII  
    Attached Images Attached Images No magnetic EKII 

?

Thanks for posting Massimo. I'm fairly confident that the cross you started the thread with is not a '23'. Note the curvature on the arms. Your cross has a degree of curve. The '23's are far more straight with only minimal curving. They look very similar to Deumer in this respect.
    Last edited by Adrian; 05-25-2010 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast