Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?

Article about: i recently acquired this iron cross first class in a gun trade with a couple other items i posted in the correct section. Here is the deal, the guy said its a iron cross first class from a r

Default Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?

i recently acquired this iron cross first class in a gun trade with a couple other items i posted in the correct section.

Here is the deal, the guy said its a iron cross first class from a rare non magnetic charge?! I dont know about that. Non the less a cool item i enjoy having.
    The back stamp says 20.

Before the trade i had no intention at all to collect anything of that matter and i was going to sell everything immediately to fund a new hunting toy.

Now im addicted and hunting season is far away. . Luckily im in Germany for the next couple of months before i head back to MI.

Thanks in advance for every info on my buckle.
    Im eager to learn about my collectibles and cant wait for the next antique market.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?   Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?  

Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?   Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Non magnetic Eisernes Kreuz 1.Klasse?
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the forum and thank you for reposting!

I'm not at all convinced this is an original cross. It looks like a one piece fake made from a pliable material and the makers mark is bogus, this cross does not match any known wartime examples from maker '20' - C.F. Zimmermann.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree, the hardware is not CF Zimmermann maker 20

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Thanks for your quick replies. Im having a hard time to see the makers number completely. The 2 is for sure but after looking at it again im not sure about the zero at all. My wife is looking at it now with her camera equipment. How can one have a family, a household and raising a kid without owning a magnifying glass? lol.
    First thing on my list for the next trip to tow...

The only other makers beginning with 2 are 21 and 26 and it is neither of those either I'm afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

You can easily see the sheen of the black pooled up against the beading. As Adrian said, obviously a 1 piece construction. Not good...sorry.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks guys. Apparently i ended up with a load of fake items. lol.
    Whatever, it was enough to get me hooked on collecting though.
    I appreciate the lesson I've learned.

Hey, if it took picking up a couple of clunkers to get you started in an interesting and fascinating hobby, so long as you didn't spend a fortune, what the heck? Now that you've gotten past That stage, you can get on with the Real stuff! If ever you are unsure of an item, just posts some good photos of it here first before you buy it and everyone will let you know "Yay or Nay!" and you'll be fine! Welcome to the Forum!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, Welcome, if you have an IPAD click on the picture until it becomes large, then just pinch the picture until you can see the 20 or just press the magnify symbol on your PC.
    Hope this helps. SK