Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oakleaves..Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernes Kreuz.... opinions please!!!!

Article about: The Zimmermann RK is absolutely awful , so many things wrong with it , a 25 euro fake !! It fits nicely with the bad Eichenlaub !!

?

Default Re: Oakleaves..Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernes Kreuz.... opinions please!!!!

The Zimmermann RK is absolutely awful , so many things wrong with it , a 25 euro fake !! It fits nicely with the bad Eichenlaub !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oakleaves.... opinions please!!!!

Glad to let you know where i got my info on the oakleaves. Foreman's who is a pretty well known authority on GERMAN awards in his 2nd edition page 19.If you have the book then i dont have to tell you what he states.Marked 800 is not the only mark you will find!Their are other books that have the same info and i go by their facts.Issue type marked 800 deluxe type officially awarded Examples marked "21 and 900 L/50&"SILBER 935" L/12& 800.Also Silver-plated unmarked .Fine quality identical to silver award.Thats it.

?

Default Re: Oakleaves..Eichenlaub zum Ritterkreuz des Eisernes Kreuz.... opinions please!!!!

Oakleaves marked 'SILBER' will be fake, the correct mark is 'SiLBER'. Note the difference in the letter 'i'.

?

Thank you Gents for all the comments.

?

Guys those of you are interested in the Ritterkreuz and want to see a good example of a fake Zimmermann have a good look at the one on the site where the Eichenlaubs are for sale !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12