Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!

Article about: by Glenn66 The ribbon looks OK to me but the images are far from clear enough to make a call. Im just assuming the ribbon is bad due to the fact the photographer has taken such steps to hide

?

Wolfgang collects RKs like the rest of us mere mortals collect EK2s...............

Seriously impressive collection though and a privilege to behold.

Thank you for posting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!
    P
    Many

My latest and seventh 57er RK, a late model St u L "D" frame marked "925".................with matching "925" marked swords & oak.
    Nice cross Nick !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!   OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!  

"The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

I don't know how you can stand to hide your RKs away like that Wolfgang. Do you have any on display at your house?

For me, I look at my 1st pattern 57er every day and enjoy it immensely.

OFFICIAL RITTERKREUZ Thread!!!!!!!!!!!! Show em if you have em!!!!!

Nice display Glenn ! I concur with your statement....not much use in having them if you cannot enjoy them !
    Investment rather than enjoyment ?................ or high crime area !
    Prost ! Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."

Hopefully not a high crime area, that would suck to be robbed and have such valuable items discarded or pawned for pennies on the dollar by some scumbag junkie.

Quote by oradour View Post
    Nice display Glenn ! I concur with your statement....not much use in having them if you cannot enjoy them !
    Investment rather than enjoyment ?................ or high crime area !
    Prost ! Steve.
    I do not live in a high crime area, nor do I collect as an investment. Several years ago I purged my collection of all items that did not fit into my collecting interest. All that I have, or purchase now will stay with me until my demise. I do however feel safer having high value items in a bank vault to protect from theft, and of course fire. These crosses represent a considerable collecting effort, I am happy to bring individual pieces home for a few days at a time for study and enjoyment. I collect daggers and some badges as well, there is always something kicking around to enjoy.
    The collectors brain is a strange thing, for some reason I love the KC's, and on the other hand enjoy silver wound badges and Heer daggers every bit as much. These are items that are much easier to replace if a disaster should strike.

Wolfgang

Quote by wolfeknives View Post
    I do not live in a high crime area, nor do I collect as an investment. Several years ago I purged my collection of all items that did not fit into my collecting interest. All that I have, or purchase now will stay with me until my demise. I do however feel safer having high value items in a bank vault to protect from theft, and of course fire. These crosses represent a considerable collecting effort, I am happy to bring individual pieces home for a few days at a time for study and enjoyment. I collect daggers and some badges as well, there is always something kicking around to enjoy.
    The collectors brain is a strange thing, for some reason I love the KC's, and on the other hand enjoy silver wound badges and Heer daggers every bit as much. These are items that are much easier to replace if a disaster should strike.Wolfgang
    Fair enough !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Wolfgang are any of your RK's attributed ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Wolfgang are any of your RK's attributed ?
    Yes Paul, several are actually part of a group, some more extensive than others.

Wolfgang
    Last edited by wolfeknives; 08-29-2013 at 08:22 PM.

?

Excellent , i only hvae one an S and L Micro 800 but is attributed to an SS Officer
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast