Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

Article about: Greetings all, I don't see any red flags on this unmarked EKII but would like a second opinion.

Default original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?

Greetings all, I don't see any red flags on this unmarked EKII but would like a second opinion. The ribbon has the correct scalloped edges & looks good. This EKII is from Bill so I am not worried about that part. I'd rather just not have my money tied up if there is something wrong with this piece.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-08-2019 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?
    P
    Many

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The swastika does appear to have beveled edges, so that alone will narrow down the number of makers, as well as the chance that it is a fake.
    I don't really study the dates and frames like some of our members do.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

The shape of the inside of the left hand 12 o clock arm beading corner is seen on Klein and quenzers. The fat swag would also be seen on some K&Q cores, but the numbers in the date seem a bit thin and with the level of magnification available on these images, I am not sure.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    The shape of the inside of the left hand 12 o clock arm beading corner is seen on Klein and quenzers. The fat swag would also be seen on some K&Q cores, but the numbers in the date seem a bit thin and with the level of magnification available on these images, I am not sure.
    Those numbers do look a little suspect now that you mention it!

Quote by captain20052019 View Post
    Those numbers do look a little suspect now that you mention it!
    I would not be worried about the numbers.
    The narrow base on the "1" should help reduce the number of possible makers as well.
    Ralph.

Based on Ralph’s input, this may be a Anton Schenckels Nachfolger. I don’t know if they care Unmarked. But the dates and swaz seem very close. The die flaw in the beading corner is not visible in my example, as there is some overspray from when the core was repainted by some previous owner.

original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?original 1939 Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse?
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-09-2019 at 03:43 AM.

Quote by Chrish124 View Post
    Based on Ralph’s input, this may be a Anton Schenckels Nachfolger. I don’t know if they care Unmarked. But the dates and swaz seem very close. The die flaw in the beading corner is not visible in my example, as there is some overspray from when the core was repainted by some previous owner.
    I don't believe they produced them unmarked, and the swastika does not have beveled edges.
    Ralph.

Now that you say it, comparing the Anton Schenkel, you can see the corners on mine are sharper as well. So at this point, it doesn't match anything in my collection.