Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?

Article about: Bad to the bone! Do some basic research Nick

Default Re: Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?

Bad to the bone! Do some basic research

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse.?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Original Iron Cross 1st Class?

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    I bought it as a repro. I wanted to know for sure. :|
    Sorry, but you have a website military guide. But if you bought it as a repro why is it not marked as such on the website?

Cheers, Pat

?

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    Bad to the bone! Do some basic research

Nick
    Got to love a good " bad to the Bone " Nick
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Ok, first of all, the cross is an out and out fake. Compare to some of the original crosses posted here on the forum and you will see a vast difference. The quality is awful, it's made in one piece, originals were made in three pieces. It has been cast, not die struck. The dates, frame, beading are soft in detail. The reverse hardware is unlike anything found on original EK1s. These points should give you something to compare against.

Second, please do not post links to items because when they go dead we have a useless thread because no-one can see the item being discussed. Copy the pics and save them and then you can upload them here for the discussion.

Third, it is requested that members use the correct German terminology when they post items.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by Noobkilla73 View Post
    I bought it as a repro. I wanted to know for sure. :|
    If you are a collector and want to learn about history and WW II German "stuff", why would you buy it as a repro?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

There are repros & then there are repros. This thing is an abomination.

Regards
    Brett

?

Hello Noobkilla
    I just had a browse of the link that you originally posted "Iron Cross- Free Military Items Guide". All I can say is where on earth
    are you getting these prices from? There's certainly nothing like a bit of misinformation on the net!

Regards
    Brett

Not even close to anything resembling an original other than basic design. A Very bad example that wouldn't fool even a kid.
    I did want to ask,however-Adrian? Not trying to start any sort of argument here, naturally, but Is it "official" now the requirement to use the proper German terminology when starting a thread? And, what about when discussing such an item in subsequent postings in reply? It doesn't make all that much difference to me, as, likely with most of us here, I don't really "see" the German term when I look at it, but it automatically translates in the head anyway. But, I can understand where some newer collectors or stubborn older ones might have abit of annoyance or trouble with it, of course. Naturally, it's understood that we have members here from all sorts of various nationalities, but the site is an English speaking one, so I thought I'd probably best ask and make sure just to be safe. If it Has gone official, should you make a sticky thread post announcing it-just to avoid confusion?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Huh????

Jeez! At least have the courtesy to go about asking politely.

As a new member here you are welcome to join in the discussions and post things for opinions but there is a right way and a wrong way to go about it. This sounds like a very rude demand. Why don't you tell us what you think as opposed to throwing out a demand and expecting others to do the work for you?
    What the...

I didn't mean for it to be demanding. I wasn't angry or expecting anything at all! Please forgive this misunderstanding.

i have been collecting many years and still no expert, but id never even examine this one can see its bad 5 feet away, and l have a lot of respect for adrian, and agree what he just said, 100%

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast