MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Osang marked EK1.

Article about: Hi, Any opinions on this one,bought it years ago, very cheap, to dress a tunic. G.H.Osang, Dresden & 80 on the pin. Alex

?

Default Osang marked EK1.

Hi, Any opinions on this one,bought it years ago, very cheap, to dress a tunic. G.H.Osang, Dresden & 80 on the pin.Osang marked EK1.Osang marked EK1.Osang marked EK1. Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Osang marked EK1.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Third reich ek1 - opinions please

Hi Alex

Its a fake I'm afraid

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Default Re: Third reich ek1 - opinions please

I must agree with Nick...
    Glenn

?

Default Re: Osang marked EK1.

Hi Alex and welcome.

I moved your cross to a new thread, no point in adding it to another which is talking about a different cross.

As Nick says, this is a fake. It is known as a Floch fake due to the name of the company that makes them. They are very distinctive when you get to know what to look for. The date, the beading on the frame and the pin are key things to look for.

Osang didn't make EKs so any cross bearing their mark should be treated with suspicion. I've never seen a Floch cross marked as such so I'm guessing some enterprising person though it would make it seem more 'original'. Unfortunately they picked the wrong maker.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Default Re: Osang marked EK1.

Hi All,Thanks to all of you, I am learning so much so fast and you reenforce my reasons for not collecting anymore. Thanks Adrian for moving it,it will take a while to get used to using this forum.I am not the most skilled with computers. All the best, Alex

?

Just been browsing the web. Adrian says that G.H.Osang of Dresden (LDO No80) did not make EKs yet many other sites say they did. Regardless of mine being a fake, what/who am I to believe?Is it being confused with RZM No80 for R.Durr & Fr Seiter of Pforzheim. I got the numbers from Collectors guide WW2 German Medals by Christopher Ailby. Thanks Alex

Hi Alex,

Adrian is correct. Hersteller '80' (pkz) did exist and made various TR badges, but not the EK.

Regards