Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?

Article about: I still can't tell a real EK from a car crash

?

Default picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?

I still can't tell a real EK from a car crash
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?   picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?  

picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?   picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?
    P
    Many

Default Re: picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?

Sorry a fatality car crash! as I hope you can walk away from it.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Default Re: picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?

Yea was just a few bucks so not bothered at all
    just so i learn what was the most obvious signs to you that it was fake?

?

"was the most obvious signs to you that it was fake?"
    The hinge, the pin, the hook, the cross.
    Pete

Differn't makers do differn't things but the shape and detail is not what I would except from a TR maker.
    picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?picked this Eisernen Kreuzes up from a bric a brac fair on weekend. real?

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Dont forget the bad beading. It's just all around bad. How much is a "few bucks"?

Nasty. It's been cast in one piece - plus, all the pock marks and uneven
    surfaces are indications that there is no quality in it whatsoever.

Thanks for the comparison pics, Eric.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Very poor quality fakes.

The metal quality of this fake has a lot of porosity in it. I even question if its not Japanese or Chinese 1040 cold rolled steel (a basic cheap steel)... I lean more to Japanese metals on this one. When i first looked at it i saw the "pot marks" on both the face and back. The second obvious item to note is the backside. The pin was soldered on with a careless torch! A lot of solder splatter also. The burnt score marks are evident in the the surrounding corners. It got damn hot to attach what looks to be a part of a Cotter Key for the pin?!? Others have rightfully noted other obvious flaws, but i wanted to mention the metal composition pits and burnt score marks. Hope you didn't spend too much.

Attached is my run down on the metal flaws i saw:

Please put it in the bin Dalo and remove it from civilisation

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast