Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Article about: I know they are from different makers, at least it appears that way to me, but I for the life of me can't put a name to them. I've looked at photos until I'm dreaming in black and silver. An

Default Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

I know they are from different makers, at least it appears that way to me, but I for the life of me can't put a name to them. I've looked at photos until I'm dreaming in black and silver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the positions of the two crosses are reversed in the bottom picture.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-17-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Messed up the picture the first time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse

Going by the order they're in in the top photo, the one on the left is possibly a '23' and the one on the right is definitely a '75'. I would like to see better pics of the possible '23' please Roger?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

As requested, here are closeups of obverse and reverse for the possible 23.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse   Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

?

Yes, a '23', thanks for the additional pics Roger. I can't make it out on the photo but is there a 'split' bead like the one shown in the pic below? It will be the same front and back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help identify these two unmarked Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse  

I think so, but only on that one corner. It's worn and hard to tell. Here's another go at it.

Disregard this picture, it is of the wrong junction. I was looking in the wrong place.
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-17-2012 at 05:05 AM. Reason: update with new information.

And one more, the lighting isn't very good.

It is more apparent on the reverse than the obverse.

It looks like my core might be rotated 90 degrees clockwise from yours. The seam you point out in the upper left quadrant of your cross resembles the seam in the upper right quadrant of mine.
    Last edited by roger9344; 01-17-2012 at 05:04 AM.

?

Thanks for the photo Roger, I can make out the split bead in the photo above, the rest of the inner corner beading pattern matches, the dates match so I think we have a winner!

?

A nice '23' (Arbeitsgemeinschaft fur Heereshedarf in der Graveur-ubd Ziselierung, Berlin). Well done Roger. Nice work by Adrian too, highlighting the irregulation in the beading that most would miss. That camera is paying for itself Roger!

Cheers,

Carl

I really appreciate your help in determining what this maker is. Thanks for taking the time.

Nice crosses, Roger!

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast