Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Question - EK2 Repeat Spange

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Looking through Detlev Niemann newest 2009 German Medal Cataloge, the section concerning repeat spange for EK1 has listed one class described as "2 Form Silber 800"

?

Default Question - EK2 Repeat Spange

Hello Gentlemen,
    Looking through Detlev Niemann newest 2009 German Medal Cataloge, the section concerning repeat spange for EK1 has listed one class described as "2 Form Silber 800" which I take to be a jeweler's private purchase piece made for officers or individuals who wanted such a piece. Looking through the section repeat spange for EK2, this class "Silber 800" is not there, does that mean (assuming I'm right) that no private purchases pieces were made of EK2 repeat spanges. If not, does any member know why not? Any information welcome
    Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Question - EK2 Repeat Spange
    P
    Many

Default Re: Question - EK2 Repeat Spange

i have never encountered a private purchase EK 2 spange,,,unless it fell out of a vet's hand,,,i would stay away from these

?

Hello Militarymania,
    I did start the same thread on a couple of military forums, got very little feedback. What I did get from one collector was " the only maker that made the 800 spange was Deumer and it was an EKI (rare), there are no known EKII 800 spanges"
    The reason I started the thread is a German friend of mine has recently bought a EK 2 Wiederholungs Spange. On the reverse, the number 800 is stamped, he bought it mounted in a small jewellers box. He's asked around, everyone tells him they don't exist, he thinks if there was a private purchase EK1 Repeat Spange, why not a private purchase EK2 Repeat Spange. I don't know, hard to find an answer to give him.
    Regards

Hi Alec, would it be possible to see a pic?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes, I'll get some photos