Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Help with my EK

Article about: Hello there.. I hope this is the right forum / group.. I usually collect Buckles, cloth and documents / photos etc; Recently there was a buckle I had purchased and with it came what I believ

?

Default Re: Help with my EK

Unfortunately I usually tend not to profit...But help others that collect..
    I also do not like dealers that churn out "Profit" Based collecting.. I collect
    and pass on the items to fellow collectors...I recently sold a Ground Combat (Luftwaffe)
    badge to a fellow who was a collector...To insure this hobby stays healthy..
    When I first started collecting...Prices were moderate...Now it is the profit mongers that keep us hostage as collectors and history buffs alike...Maybe I'm old fashioned...Who cares....I do.......

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Re: Help with my EK
    P
    Many

Regarding the 'Ubergross', does anyone else see that the 3 o'clock arm frame seems wider than the 9 o'clock arm frame?

?

Yes, that whole right hand side of the cross frame looks wider Glenn.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

And there endeth my contribution to this thread...hopefully one of our EK experts can take things from here and identify this anomaly.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Regarding the 'Ubergross', does anyone else see that the 3 o'clock arm frame seems wider than the 9 o'clock arm frame?
    Good observation Glenn Danny's cross has the same feature though so i guess that's how it should be?
    I have never noticed this characteristic before.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    And there endeth my contribution to this thread...hopefully one of our EK experts can take things from here and identify this anomaly.
    Many crosses can be found with different width frame edges. It's not an unusual occurrence.

Here's a '125' from my collection where the left hand frame edge is wider than the right:

And a Meybauer Schinkel where the top edges of the arms and top edge of the frame are all thinner than their opposites:

And even on a wide frame '24' where the bottom edge of the frame on the left hand arm is narrower than the right:Re: Help with my EK

Wow, I love the SS camo on your 24 Adrian !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

There is a thread here about it Nick!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2