Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz?

Article about: Well worth buying in my opinion. Ask him to name his price and put the onus on him. Note the three part construction. This shows well now due to split seams. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz?

Well worth buying in my opinion. Ask him to name his price and put the onus on him.

Note the three part construction. This shows well now due to split seams.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake Eisernes Kreuz?
    P
    Many

I would take that one in a heartbeat.....make him a fair offer.
    Tom

?

What's a general price range? I know this guy would want top money, so I don't want to pay more than it might be worth in this condition..
    P.s if its a Deumer, do you mean Wilhelm Deumer (L/11) ?

?

yep Wilhelm...... and its probably worth bout $250 or less due to side opening up.... in my humble opinion.....

Its 100% real but not worth current market value (uk price for a nice one is £150.00 to £180.00).

For what it's worth, I agree with Ade. Put the burden on them, it's THEIR item that THEY want to sell, they ought to have an idea what they want for it. Try to get the seller to give you a price, or at least a price range. I know this will sound borderline unethical and I'll probably take some flak for writing this, but if you go offering people more than what they are thinking they want to get for an item, you'll never get any or very few great deals (in my opinion.) Especially if your collecting budget is limited. I compare it to yard/garage sales where people should at least put a price on their household items, and if you do not like the price, offer them what you are willing to pay, and they can take it, leave it or make a counter offer. I'm not saying take advantage of a seller that might not know a lot about what they have (I would hate for this to happen to any decent person), but they should at least attempt some research to help them get an idea of their selling price, or point them in the right direction to find a value range for which to obtain an asking price. Collecting these items gets expensive enough, why not try to save a little money!

Let the flak begin!

helmetone what flak i don't thing any one can give you flak for that if youd said screw the guy give £20 for it then youll get flak in my opinion the cross is about in the region of £90-£140 because of damage a good one goes for around £170 or there abouts

tom

Tom, you know how people are these days, all soft and sensitive. I didnt know if what I was saying might ruffle someone's feathers!

?

I don't see why anyone would take offence at your thoughts, it makes absolute sense. Go armed with a price you're willing to pay and stick to it. If the seller offers you a lower price then grab yourself a bargain, if they ask a higher price you can haggle. If they refuse to budge or don't go as low as you're happy with - walk away, there will always be another.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2