Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or fake Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern?

Article about: I just bought this iron cross. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's a fake after reading some things here on this forum. But if there's some hope of it not being a fake then I would definitely

Default Re: Real or fake Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern?

Quote by hp542 View Post
    Thanks David, good to know I'm not the only one making mistakes It's a bad start to collecting WW2 memorabilia but at least I know now what to look for and to be more careful.
    The way I see it is if you've learnt something it's not a bad start, I'm in the same boat as you, but luckily the guys on here are spot on and always willing to advise.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern?
    P
    Many

?

I have an idea. I'll go back to the antique store and offer to exchange the iron cross for another medal if they don't let me return it. I'll download some photos of real medals onto my phone and compare with the ones in the store. That way I can hopefully get something real

That's a good idea. Hopefully, they will let you exchange it - sometimes these
    places can be a little hard to deal with about returns, so do not delay........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Luckily I was able to return it and get my money back I looked at the other medals but they didn't seem real either. Only the badge with the dark red outline and swastika on it seemed real. It had a hallmark and a serial number, but it was in bad shape and the pin was missing so I gave it a pass.

I'm going to Poland in December, I'll keep a look out there for some decent antique stores.

Not Poland This RK was made in Poland

Quote by JeZoCoH View Post
    Not Poland This RK was made in Poland
    Yup lots of fakes in Poland as i know to my cost where in Poland are you going?..

?

Quote by hp542 View Post
    Luckily I was able to return it and get my money back I looked at the other medals but they didn't seem real either. Only the badge with the dark red outline and swastika on it seemed real. It had a hallmark and a serial number, but it was in bad shape and the pin was missing so I gave it a pass.

I'm going to Poland in December, I'll keep a look out there for some decent antique stores.
    Fakes can have maker marks and numbers too so please don't use that to determine fake from original!

I suggest you don't go buying militaria from Poland unless you know what you're doing. Alot of fakes come from that part of the world and you have the potential to lose alot of money. Alot harder to get it back too!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I am glad you got your money back - it is indeed a poor, one piece reproduction RK, but judging by the prices shown I would say the seller is well aware that the items are repros.

Finding a genuine SS Adler für Schirmmütze at €20 is not going to happen and there looks to be a fallschirmjäger abzeichen in there for €20 also. I cannot tell much about the party badge from the picture (if real, €25 is not bad even considering the broken pin). The soviet OGPW2 looks good, although it's more than likely a 1985 version, and if so, it's overpriced at €80.

Regards - Danny

?

I'm going to Zamosc to spend xmas with family, but I'll be travelling a bit too.

Ah I see good to know that there are a lot of fakes there as well. Some of my uncles served in the army and they'd have some cool things to look at. One of my uncles is very fond of guns and I reckon he would like to take me hunting with him

hp542,its not a cheap hobby now.beste.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast