Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!

Article about: Adrian, I thought some genuine RK's did have a dipping ring Nick

Default real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!

anybody have any clue on this one? I was thinking about purchasing it, but can't tell from the pics if its real or fake. real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!

Won't actually get to see it for a few days, and these are the pictures I was sent...any thoughts? Thanks
    Last edited by Adrian; 08-17-2012 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: real or fake? Knights Cross..please help!

More detailed pics would be nice.

unfortanantly this is all I have to work with right now. I don't get to see it for two days. I am hoping to get a little insight by the smart people here on these boards as to what I should look for and if, overall, it just looks "right".? any help, thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Pic of the backAttachment 384139

?

Default Re: real or fake? Ritterkreuz.. please help!

It doesn't look promising from the photos so far. The top edge of the frame has been ground down very poorly, perhaps to reduce the effect of a 'dipping ring'.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

As far as I'm concerned, the top grind is enough-no more photos needed. I would pass.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

More photos are always welcome for reference.

The silver content mark on the obverse of the frame is also another cause for concern.

sorry, but I am EXTREMLEY green here. By "dipping ring" , you mean the hoop or ring can't dip, or does not dip, below the frame? yes? and just a little more info on why I should be concerned about the silver content on the frame? does it look wrong? please and thank you

?

The term 'dipping ring' refers to the ring sitting atop the frame that the ribbon loop passes through.

On genuine Ritterkreuz this ring sits on top of the frame. On some fakes it dips below the level of the frame so the bottom edge of this ring is below the top edge of the frame, hence the term 'dipping ring'. It dips into the frame.

The silver content mark and any makers mark should be on the reverse side of the frame although I'm sure I have seen an original with marks on the obverse. This is very much a rare exception to the rule though.

?

As has been said better photos are required to examine this RK but from these presented it doesn't look a good one . What is the price you are being qouted ?

Incidently this is probably not the sort of award that you want to be purchasing if you are " Green" about them , build up some knowledge via books and the net before plunging into buying a high end piece or you could find yourself considerably out of pocket !!

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast