Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ritterkreuz?

Article about: hi again since i have no clue of how i can see if this is a legit ritterkreuz or not i turn to you guys once more Annoyed from this ads?   well you guys can obviously see wich one i nee

Okay, I see it, from here and the linked thread. Rounded inner corners. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one of these, but I learned something new. I take it original examples will always, without question, have sharp corners instead (i.e. there were no makers that bucked the rule and had slightly rounded corners)?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ritterkreuz?
    P
    Many

Not being pedantic at all, Danny. When a casual question comes in concerning a one-look fake, it doesn’t generally call for an in-depth analysis of the minutiae details,is all. In the case of this particular cross? Lipstick on a pig is still a pig...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

haha im sorry if my questions seem stupid or irritating but most of you guys are seasoned vets on this topic while i have only been collecting for 5 years and been alive for 22 so still alot to learn, im sure most of you had grand collections even before i was even born regards

The only thing stupid about it would have been shelling out 10 Grand without even questioning it at all!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by avenger View Post
    Okay, I see it, from here and the linked thread. Rounded inner corners. I doubt I'll ever be able to afford one of these, but I learned something new. I take it original examples will always, without question, have sharp corners instead (i.e. there were no makers that bucked the rule and had slightly rounded corners)?
    Not entirely correct unfortunately, As far as I remember, Juncker RK's commonly had the inner corners slightly rounded off in order to fit the swastika comfortably. This was more apparent on certain crosses. When the 'original' Rounder appeared, period photos of RK recipients (wearing probably rounded Juncker crosses) were used in 'discussions' as evidence of these (Rounders) being actual wartime crosses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2