Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ritterkreuz

Article about: Hi folks, This Knight's Cross has come up for auction. I know very little about them and have not handled an original. I did some research and I think this one may stand a chance. It appears

Default Ritterkreuz

Hi folks, This Knight's Cross has come up for auction. I know very little about them and have not handled an original. I did some research and I think this one may stand a chance. It appears to be unmarked. I can get better photos - I know these are very basic. The ribbon has been cut short and is attached to a section of elastic with two small hooks for attachment. Any input appreciated. NH

RitterkreuzRitterkreuzRitterkreuz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz
    P
    Many

I would greatly appreciate input on this one. I have the finances to pursue it if it is authentic. It comes from a grouping of all original items so I think it stands a chance. I can get more detailed photos. NH

I like it very much so far.

Sadly the shadow of the ribbon is hiding some details, could you check if the reverse is '800' marked just beneath the öse? If so, I'm thinking a good St&L micro '800'!

Wait for some more opinions though.

Regards,
    Nick

Nick, I see the Öse is marked 800. I will get more photos. What is a micro? NH

I see the micro is a reference to the size of the 800 stamping. Steinhauer & Lück examples carry a larger 800 and a smaller 800. This example stands a chance. The ring has a micro sized 800 stamp. NH

From the shadowy photos, I would say that it is a good Steinhauer & Lück Type A but with a regular sized "800" rather than the Micro. Playing with the photo and enlarging with contrast and light, the 800 looks like a normal size to me. The dates,edges, etc look textbook S&L. It looks to be actually field worn, from it's appearance. I would say to go for it, but don't get caught up in the bidding and go too high. It's condition is bordering on the low side. S&L Did make RK's after the war, but this one is looking good, to my eyes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you - thank you friends! Better photos on the way. NH

MAP
    ?

Best of luck! I'm on the hunt for one as well.....Especially in condition like this. You can see it was worn and it is still in nice shape.

Once I "find" mine...I will be sending out an SOS for help like this as well...too expensive to make a mistake on.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Here is an additional photo of the obverse. I am now pretty certain this is an S&L micro 800. Input welcome and appreciated. NH

Ritterkreuz

Yep-that is a "Micro 800" S&L for sure. Good luck on it and keep us up to date on it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast