Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes

Article about: Yes I agree, but I forgot to mention the sellers are spanish and do not speak english at all... I do not know spanish forums but what I do know from experience = most spanish dealers/sellers

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes

Hello folks, I have encountered 2 "WW2" KNIGHT CROSSES that are cool in my opinion but something doesn't seem right about them..

1)Heres the pictures of the 1st one =

I think the ribbon looks too good to be true, I know that buying a new ribbon is cheap soo I wouldn't be surprised if it's fake, the case looks vintage for sure but then again it could have been made in the 60's-70's which would explain the wear and better quality than modern cheap cases that one can buy today.
    About the knights cross well it's a 3 piece made (looks like because of the seam..) and the seller says the core is magnetic, it's a cool one but I don't like the patina where it is supposed to contain *silver.. it doesn't look like it contains silver at all...

Heres the 2nd one =

Ok so the second one is a 3 piece made too and seller says the core is magnetic, I don't like the "800" stamp on it, theres something off about it, However the patina on the part which should be silver washed looks better than on the 1st example but theres no Maker's mark on this one and the core black paint looks brand new... (I've seen originals for sale with a MINT black paint on the core but I'm careful about that.).
    The case looks like a vintage LDO which shows some age indeed so I guess it's not a 30$ modern one, the ribbon also have some age but that doesn't mean it's WW2 period..

***Okay I wish the experts here could tell me if theres something original in this set since the seller themselves don't know for sure; if they are original and since both are for sale for only 1700€ (if they turn up to be WW2 ORIGINALS thats a gold deal !)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes
    P
    Many

Ask your self why the seller isn't so sure about originality ,Why sell for 1700 euro when you could sell for 8000 if they could be bothered to get them authenticated on any forum ?

Your making a good point however I trust these 2 sellers because they also sell vintage Knight crosses copies of high quality for 500€ so I think they're honest about the fact they're not sure and besides not everybody trust people on forums because not everybody who claims to be an expert on forums actually is...

I don't trust everybody here, but I trust many thats why I'm staying here, but some people don't trust anyone on forums or ever "big" dealers so they don't even bother joining a forum and I've met many of such collectors.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Jacopo michelini View Post
    Your making a good point however I trust these 2 sellers because they also sell vintage Knight crosses copies of high quality for 500€ so I think they're honest about the fact they're not sure and besides not everybody trust people on forums because not everybody who claims to be an expert on forums actually is...

I don't trust everybody here, but I trust many thats why I'm staying here, but some people don't trust anyone on forums or ever "big" dealers so they don't even bother joining a forum and I've met many of such collectors.
    This post seems a little "special".

Your friends who don't trust anybody on forums seem like hard-headed fools. Or... collectors who bought a bunch of fakes and get butt hurt when it's pointed out.

The larger, well-established forums like WAF, GHW and here actually do have experts on certain topics/categories. Not me, but there are such members present on those forums.

Use common sense: You can look at member's posting history, you can see that some of them have actually written well-respected books (note, the well-respected ones). You should also know that if on the big forums someone gives a wrong assessment, another member is going to step up and offer a differing opinion. After a while on a forum you develop a feel about many of the regular posters and long-time members. Someone who joined the previous month and has 14 posts' opinion might not be taken as seriously as someone who has been a prolific poster for years and seems to be well respected by most members. Remember that a poster who is a crank or a troll will be more or less chased off the forum by the more serious members or even banished by the admins.

And dealers? Those dealers who bash the well-established forums usually do so because they peddle fakes and got called out for it. Good dealers either participate in a friendly manner or don't comment about or on forums at all. Those who bash as usually crooked.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Yes I agree, but I forgot to mention the sellers are spanish and do not speak english at all... I do not know spanish forums but what I do know from experience = most spanish dealers/sellers have lots of fakes.

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    And then, please start a new thread for each of them, separately.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)