Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?

Article about: Hey guys im looking at buying a KC but as i have absolutely no idea what im looking at can you help me on the authenticity of this one. Theres also an SS skull ring (might be in the wrong pa

Default Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?

Hey guys im looking at buying a KC but as i have absolutely no idea what im looking at can you help me on the authenticity of this one. Theres also an SS skull ring (might be in the wrong part of the forum sorry)
    The dealer doesnt have the best name so being very cautious.
    Thanks in Advance
    Warren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?  

Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?   Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?  

Last edited by rbminis; 08-14-2014 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Edited title to use proper German terminology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes, Authentic?
    P
    Many

Cross has no silver mark ........... and I think the skull ring has an embarrassed knowing look!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Would the "1" in 1939 be that janky looking on a real one?

?

I am no authority on this matter but I don't like the excess metal around the ring. I would think an authentic Knights Cross would have more finish work. I also agree with Nathan, the 1 looks janky. I am interested in hearing what others have to say.

Not an original Ritterkreuz, ribbon appears fake as well...If you're planning on investing several thousand dollars for an original, I strongly suggest performing the appropriate research by studying the originals posted on the Forum, and only deal with a trusted, reputable seller offering a reasonable inspection period and accepting returns ... Good Luck and welcome!
    cheers, Glenn

A Snyder Knights Cross, its been a while since we have had one of his " beauty's" posted. As the gents have said it is not an original and the ring falls into the same category.

I appreciate all the comments and experience, and yes its from Snyders site. I collect other military items and he does 'appear' to have some decent stock but when it comes to RK's its a mine field. I guess the price on this one (about $4500) gives it up straight away as it would have been snapped up long ago had it been authentic. Thanks again

"Decent stock" I would give Snyder a wide birth, his site is riddled with fakes. Look at sites such as the collectors guild or lakeside trader they have quality authentic items which you might be interested in.

Morris

?

Avoid Snyder like the plague.
    Don't even go to his site.
    Snyder is the very last dealer you want to do business with.

you only had to look at the 1 and the 9 deformed noway jose.