Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2" FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Article about: by jdb What's your opinion on Helmut Weitze COA's? Hello and welcome. Do you mean COAs from Weitze in general or a specific one? Please look back over the thread and you will see my opinions

?

Quote by jdb View Post
    What's your opinion on Helmut Weitze COA's?
    Hello and welcome.

Do you mean COAs from Weitze in general or a specific one?

Please look back over the thread and you will see my opinions of COAs in general.

I don't believe they are worth much. They are a gimmick nowadays for dealers to make a bit of extra money. For everyday items they aren't necessary, a genuine item will stand up to scrutiny and a COA can often fool people into believing a piece is original when in fact a COA can divert attention away from a fake. For example a fake item with a COA can make people think it is an original - because it has a COA.

Buy genuine pieces and you don't need anything else. Anyone who buys an item because it has a COA is a lazy collector and a fool.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz ... "Juncker Lazy 2"   FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    P
    Many

jdb
    ?

I just wanted to know if Helmut Weize has a good reputation in the community.
    If I read that some dealers do not hesitate to give fake items and COA I'm afraid of starting up a collection.
    It 's easy said : buy genuise pieces, but as a beginner one has not the expertise and cannot know if a dealer is honest.

Helmut Weitze is a very well known dealer and is said to be the #1 seller in Germany. Do a search on the Forum here for Helmut Weitze and you will see what the others and their dealings with him have been. I know personally that I have never had any problems with him at all over the years. Aside from being pricey(particularly the overseas shipping to the US), this seems to be the prevailing opinion of many members here. You don't get to be a country's top dealer by selling rubbish.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

jdb
    ?

Thanks for info, this gives me a certain comfort.
    I can say that my contacts with him were indeed very professional and correct.

?

I think it's fair to say Weitze has a fair to mixed reputation.

There have been accusations of plain tunics or caps being made up with insignia. It depends what you want to buy. I've dealt with Weitze for many years and never had an issue but then I've only bought decorations from him which are easier to authenticate than SS tunics.
    Know what you're buying, post here for opinions first. His prices are higher than most.

Don't be afraid of starting a collection, there are plenty of good folk here who will help and guide you in your quest, you just need to ask. It's not such a minefield as you may think but it pays to be cautious as a new collector or are inexperienced in your new hobby.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Here is the link to a recent thread about Helmut Weitze:
    Dealer Helmut Weitze/www.weitze.net ?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Speaking about COAs, here is one from another dealer but for a ring this time: Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    The only problem is that this ring is a fantasy piece.
    So if someone wants to sell me something i will value the opinions of the collecting community here in the forum rather than the paper of a dealer

p.s. Credits for spotting the ring goes to our member Odal
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Default Price range for a Junker Ritter Kreuz

What price range should one expect for an original Junker RK, cased or not?

Quote by greimers View Post
    What price range should one expect for an original Junker RK, cased or not?
    I haven't monitored their prices lately but i think a RK with original ribbon is approx 7K in euros.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Do any members have a Junker that they might consider selling?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast