Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Article about: Hello, i am Henning from Germany - i am new here. My grandfather was "Oberst Arthur Jüttner". I inherited his old WW2 medals and a lot of Documents and other stuff. And i think abo

Default Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern

Hello,

i am Henning from Germany - i am new here.

My grandfather was "Oberst Arthur Jüttner".

I inherited his old WW2 medals and a lot of Documents and other stuff.

And i think about to sell some of the thinks . . This is why i register here .

In the meantime i receive a lot of messages . . and i am not sure if i really want to sell . .
    But maybe somebody can tell me the worth of all that ?
    Just that we have a Idea ?

And if i decide to sell . . then only all together . . maybe to a private museum or something like that ?

I have for example

Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse
    Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse
    Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen
    Nahkampfspange in Bronze
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz
    Ritterkreuz des Eisernen Kreuzes
    Deutsches Kreuz in Gold
    Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Silber
    Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern
    P
    Many

Hello Henning, Herzlich willkommen!
    Please post photos of your items separately for authentication in their respective sections.
    I possess my father's Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse and Panzer Kampfabzeichen, and I would never consider selling them. They are a part of my family.
    Ralph.

Please see my signature line at the bottom of this post.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello Ralph . .
    i know what you mean . . But i have a lot of stuff . . He also write a book over his expierience in the war.

I have all the Medalls also in a miniatur Version. My grandfather gave that to all the Family on his 75 birthday.

So if its posible to sell the originals - all together - and it is garanted that they stay together . . Maybe its posible to sell . .

If you REALLY want to sell them, then make sure that it is to a museum, where they will treat them with great care, and put them on display for millions to see. But you would have to make sure that the museum never sells or relocates the medals. I still advise you NOT to sell them to a private collector, if anything, take it to a public museum.

Quote by thegerman View Post
    Hello Ralph . .
    i know what you mean . . But i have a lot of stuff . . He also write a book over his expierience in the war.

I have all the Medalls also in a miniatur Version. My grandfather gave that to all the Family on his 75 birthday.

So if its posible to sell the originals - all together - and it is garanted that they stay together . . Maybe its posible to sell . .
    If you sell his medals, there will never be a guarantee that they will all stay together. In this hobby, money is far more important to many than any guarantee.
    Like so many other groupings, they will be split up over time, for money.
    These items should be displayed proudly in your home for your current and future family to be proud of.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    If you REALLY want to sell them, then make sure that it is to a museum, where they will treat them with great care, and put them on display for millions to see. But you would have to make sure that the museum never sells or relocates the medals. I still advise you NOT to sell them to a private collector, if anything, take it to a public museum.
    Never to a museum either, there are so many stories of items being sold out the back door, and/or replaced with copies, for money.
    Ralph.

i have them in a Bank Safe since 20 years . . At home its to dangerous . . we had 3 robberys in the last 10 years . .
    So i am really happy that we dont have this nice thinks at home . .
    But also not posible to put them in a Vitrin . . to dangerous . .

So a museum seems to be a great option . .

But the main question . . all together with the original Documents . . About how much money we are talking ? 5000 € ? or 10.000 € or even more ?

Thank you very much for your help . .

MAP
    ?

Welcome again Henning. Ralph is spot on about Museums. One thing you could do is "loan" them to a Museum with the understanding that they be on permanent display. That way they would not sell them. We have a number of Museum curators on this site. Hopefully they will see this and give you advice.

Also, often times, Museums are overwhelmed with donations. 99% of the items are never displayed. Only put in storage never to be seen again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Would be interesting to see the bunch!

Bank safes aren't safe either... we just had a major burglary in Antwerp through the sewer.
    And gangs specialized in opening lockers (without leaving any trace!)after acting like regular customers, doing one locker at the time.
    After one year or more they do a second.
    The people who are robbed are judged as not credible by the bank, because there is no proof of burglary. We have no camera's in bank safe rooms in Belgium for privacy reasons.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hallo Henning and welcome to the forum .

I have some signed post war photos of your Grandfather , as you know your Grandfather was one of the most highly decorated German soldiers of WW2 and as such his medals / documents etc as a group are worth a significant amount of money both to a collector and a museum . It is difficult to put an exact price on these items without knowing what his whole estate contains but the price would be a long way over 10,000 Euros !!

Selling items such as this can be a difficult decision as they are part of your family history and you have been given some good bits of advice already with regard to Museums , people think that Museums are the best destination for these medals etc but that is not always the case . As for Militaria dealers they are will give you a valuation which is based on whatever profit they also want to take from the items , another alternative is a Militaria auction house which may turn out to be a good option , however as has been pointed out once sold and out onto the collecting market there is no guarantee that in the future the items will be kept together as it is easier to sell them on in smaller lots as this widens the amount of collectors who have the finance to buy them.

I'm sure it would be a great pleasure for the memnbers here if you could post some photos of your Grandfathers awards.

Regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings