Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ritterkreuz for opinions please...

Article about: Hi all. Annoyed from this ads?   I purchased my first Ritterkreuz about a year ago, and was contacted recently by an older gentleman with this Juncker he's interested in parting with. I

?

Default Ritterkreuz for opinions please...

Hi all.

I purchased my first Ritterkreuz about a year ago, and was contacted recently by an older gentleman with this Juncker he's interested in parting with. I'd like to get some opinions from some of your seasoned cross guys (and gals) before jumping to any conclusions, one way or the other. These photos were taken by the current owner, and though they are quite good, I realize you may need more angles. Hopefully I can get some preliminary feedback at least, based on these photos.

Thoughts??

Thanks!
    Dzyner

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz for opinions please...
    P
    Many

Certainly not a Juncker, with those dates it looks like a "Morigi fake" to me.

Regards

?

I don't like the look of the ring at all. Ill second Nicks opinion.

No
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Default RK

Hello,
    I agree with the others it is not a real Juncker. This cross can be spotted a mile away and would not get near my collection. You really need to do your homework on RKs before you buy. Junckers are rather easy to spot with the cross-hatch effect (that is basic knowledge for RKs by this maker), the frames on this cross are not even close. You really need to study up on them. Knowledge is key to this hobby and I would invest in some books first.

Regards,
    Jody

Compare to this real Juncker RK.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz for opinions please...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Ritterkreuz for opinions please... 

?

Thanks for the great feedback guys! I really appreciate it. For the record, I own an authentic Juncker (Knights Cross with Ribbon & Case), and did compare this one to mine. The cross hatching (to lack thereof) is one of the first things I noticed, as well as the mismatching date styles, but if you know me I never like to pass on an item like this without some feedback first, and this forum is a great place for quality feedback! Even if I'm relatively certain it's a repro, and not just a variation, I'll likely still post it so that others can benefit from the feedback down the road.