Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted

Article about: Banning a member here is a final option. He will not be allowed back. I have ways of telling if someone tries to re-register here. I find this very sad indeed. We have all been stung buying

Default Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted

would like to hear opinions,good and bad,if any,about this medal,,thanks in advance to all who respond,,,there are two different KC's shown...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted   Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted  

Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted   Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted  

Last edited by Adrian; 05-07-2010 at 03:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted
    P
    Many

Default Re: Knights Cross-Opinions wanted

wheres our KC experts????...

I'm not a RK expert, but these don't sit well with me... On the first one, on the top by the "L/12" the construction looks off kilter or something. And the top ring looks too wide??

The second one just reeks of reproduction to me. WAY too mint looking, and it looks unevenly cut at the top.

Hopefully some more knowledgeable people than I will chime in.

?

L 12 looks slopy, 800 to close to the edge?

It looks nothing like the Juncker pattern Knight's Cross.

Bob Hritz

thanks guys,,,i appreciate your comments,,,Robert

?

You will note on the L/12 example that the suspension ring dips into the frame, it doesn't sit on top of it. This is a feature of certain repros and I don't believe will be found on period RKs. Hopefully one of the experienced RK collectors will confirm this?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

militarymania, although not an expert (far from it) I have a little knowledge on the Knights Cross, and sadly these two are IMO are fakes. I have had the pleasure to handle a 100% genuine Junckers example recently, as a close friend and an esteemeed fellow collector has had one in his collection for over 20 yrs....the most known feature of a Junckers made cross is the so called 'basket weave' found on the inside corners of the silver frame/beading, see attached photo. Also Juncker crosses were stamped with either L/12 or 800 or both, (L/12 mark usually denotes private purchase piece), Juncker also used three other marks, labeled the micro 800, lazy and standup 2, points to note, the 800 stamp is slighly smaller than the L/12 or 2 stamp, the 800 comes before the L/12. This is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to identifying genuine Knights crosses, there are numerous die flaws, core patterns and re-tooling known to collectors and used when evaluating a piece. Hope this helps for future use when deciding,' is it, isnt it ' ! AdrianC, is correct about the known 'dipping eye' feature.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ritterkreuz - Opinions wanted  

Oradour, thats a text book description and a great picture example of the basket weave beading. Like you say there are many exceptions to this rule.

Militarymania, its worth reading threads on forums and buying books on this subject. Although a RK is out of my financial reach I find it a fascinating study

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Wolfspear View Post
    Oradour, thats a text book description and a great picture example of the basket weave beading. Like you say there are many exceptions to this rule.

Militarymania, its worth reading threads on forums and buying books on this subject. Although a RK is out of my financial reach I find it a fascinating study

Nick
    my thoughts exactly re/research...I too regard the award out of reach financially , I only have a 57' version with oakleaves/swords. The picture is a photo of a photo credited to Stephen Previttera, i hope he doesnt mind its use for educational reasons
    I intend to go and photograph the genuine Junker cross tommorow and upload those photographs, for future reference.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast