Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ritterkreuz original ??

Article about: what do you think guys

I'm thinking a remodelled EK2 also, that soldering to the suspension ring looks odd.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Adrian,
    here are the differences I see.
    There are a lot of similarities I certainly agree, but if we are to imagine this is done in a reproducerers workshop then the frames are from a different time frame to each other.
    The rear frame has a least one fault in the beading at around the 9 o clock position and the others I have indicated could be down to polishing or perhaps a reworked die...
    I don't know. What I do know is it is a dud.
    I would have it like a shot (if it was cheap enough) I do like the way that some enterprising individual produces items for the market.

Great Hobby this.

All the best
    DougClick image for larger version. 

Name:	RK Frame.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	554279

Well maybe not a dud but a genuine EK2. I wonder if Kevin can find some measurments please?
    Best Regards,

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Years ago I purchased a '55' marked EK2 that was perfectly fine and untouched in every way except that the jump ring/suspension ring had become detached from the cross.
    I brought it to a local jeweller to have the ring re-attached..... and boy was I sorry when I saw the result.

The first thing he had done was clean the top of the cross to solder the ring back on... notice the reverse frame on this cross - the top has been cleaned of all of its patina.

Whatever process or heating my jeweller had used in the soldering had absolutely destroyed the black finish on the core... my cross looked just like this one after he had finished... although mine was not in RK form.

Until I hear the measurements, (and even after) this is still just a messed with EK2. No genuine, period RK has such a sloppy ring attachment.

Regards - Danny

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123