Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???

Article about: Hi guys, I got this unmarked screw back iron cross today from a trusted seller, who said this was possibly early war item, I paid \\$300 USD. However I was later told by someone that this look

?

Default Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???

Hi guys,

I got this unmarked screw back “Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse” today from a trusted seller, who said this was possibly early war item, I paid $300 USD. However I was later told by someone that this looks fake, seems like a "one piece construction", he also asked me to do a magnet test to test the iron core, which failed. If it is not iron core, what could it be?
    I am very confused right now and would like some honest opinions from experts.

Thanks!

Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???
    Last edited by rbminis; 03-05-2020 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???
    P
    Many

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.

And this one.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

Are there any markings anywhere?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Hi, I don’t see any markings.

Thanks

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.

And this one.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.

Are there any markings anywhere?
    Ralph.
    Sorry I don’t see any markings.
    And yes I have changed to the correct terminology.
    Thanks

Quote by cxu19 View Post
    And yes I have changed to the correct terminology.
    Thanks
    No, I changed the title.
    Can you please try to post your photos the right way up?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks good to me. If it is one piece there shouldn't be too much worries because from my experience, most EK.s made of brass (like yours) are sometimes made of one piece. Plus seeing that this a vaulted EK.1 I would say its original since fakes usually don't go to the extent of vaulting them. And yes, I would agree this is a early war privet purchase. Great EK.1 Best Regards

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    No, I changed the title.
    Can you please try to post your photos the right way up?
    Ralph.
    Dear Ralph,
    Sorry I’m new to this system, I’m not quite understanding how my photos are not posted correctly. I believe I followed the steps and avoided posting single photos per posts.
    Also thanks for changing the terminology in my title, I’ve also made a terminology change to the main text.

Thank you.

?

Quote by KMcollector View Post
    Looks good to me. If it is one piece there shouldn't be too much worries because from my experience, most EK.s made of brass (like yours) are sometimes made of one piece. Plus seeing that this a vaulted EK.1 I would say its original since fakes usually don't go to the extent of vaulting them. And yes, I would agree this is a early war privet purchase. Great EK.1 Best Regards
    Thank you KMcollector for your reply,

I still have few questions:
    1. How can you tell the core is made of brass and not other materials? Such as zinc?
    2. How can you tell this is an early war item? If yes, which years approximately?
    3. I’ve never heard of EKs being one piece construction, can you tell for sure that this one is a one piece? And is there anymore information on genuine one piece EKs you could share with me?
    Thanks

Quote by cxu19 View Post
    Dear Ralph,
    Sorry I’m new to this system, I’m not quite understanding how my photos are not posted correctly. I believe I followed the steps and avoided posting single photos per posts.
    Thank you.
    If you are posting your photos from a phone, you might try reading some of the links I posted in this thread.
    Is this a real Infanterie-Sturmabzeichen
    Ralph.

You can check yourself or post images of the side (like the image I posted). Mine is second Class but from my limited experience they all have a seam line where the silver/nickel outer frame was attached. I am happy to be proven wrong but I haven’t seen examples without it. As for the non-magnetic core, they did make these mostly with iron cores but many were made with bronze cores. Again I’m no expert so wait for others.

Here is a picture of the seam I’m talking about, I’ve circled where you can see it best.
    Screw Back Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, Real or Fake ???

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast