Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....

Article about: Here's another comparison between the Ubergrosse EKs and a standard EK2, a Klein & Quenzer......

?

Default 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....

This one just landed in the collection, a small Ubergrosse. Commonly referred to as the 'Little Brother' to the normal sized Ubergrosse EK2 it measures 44.5mm across and 45mm top to bottom, more like the measurements of a standard EK2. The normal Ubergrosse measures 47mm x 47mm.
    I would love to know the reason for these crosses existence, why were they made? Who made them? Why were some filed down to regular size and some not? So many questions and very few answers unfortunately.
    Enjoy the pics, the second two are taken next to a full sized Ubergrosse for comparison.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....   'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....  

'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....   'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....
    P
    Many

Default Re: 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....

Thats a very nice, rare and mysterious cross you have in your collection, congrats Adrian

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

That's a great example Adrian, I have to admit I'm really envious on this one!!

I see there's one on the WAF estand at the moment... but the price of $990 is laughable.
    I hope you didn't have to pay anything near that amount. I really would love to add one of them to my collection, but if that price is considered appropriate, I'm afraid I'll never own one.

Regardless, sincere congratulations on landing a beautiful and rare cross.

Regards - Danny

?

Quote by Danny70 View Post
    That's a great example Adrian, I have to admit I'm really envious on this one!!

I see there's one on the WAF estand at the moment... but the price of $990 is laughable.
    I hope you didn't have to pay anything near that amount. I really would love to add one of them to my collection, but if that price is considered appropriate, I'm afraid I'll never own one.

Regardless, sincere congratulations on landing a beautiful and rare cross.

Regards - Danny
    Thank you Nick and Danny.
    I was pleased to be able to add it to the collection, I paid €280 all in for it so considering the prices of Ubergrosse EKs and their smaller counterpart I thought it was reasonably priced in todays market. I also worked alot of overtime last month.
    I saw the example priced at $990, I'm sure the price will need to come down to get a sale because that is very expensive - $990 = €821 = £679.

That was a fairly decent price for such a rare cross..
    I'd have happily paid it myself!

Nice one. I'd never even heard of these versions! Learn something new every day.

Do you think you could post a picture showing it next to a standard EK2?

?

Quote by locloc08 View Post
    Nice one. I'd never even heard of these versions! Learn something new every day.

Do you think you could post a picture showing it next to a standard EK2?
    For sure, I'll do it tomorrow after work.

?

Adrian you 've got a minty ! very very nice !!!
    Here a comparison, Deschler and Sohn on left (45x45), little brother on center (44,6x44,7), Deumer on right (43,7x43,7).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'Small' Ubergrosse EK2.....  

?

Thanks for posting Fabri, the Deschler is a very hefty cross, bigger and heavier than the other 'standard' EKs.

?

yes, was my intention to compare the biggest and one of the small, the medium size could be from 44 to 44,5.
    The little brother has arms so close comparated with a cross that has little dimensions like a Deumer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast